D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Being a new kid on the block here (Old as I may be) is this thread to also suggest/discuss possible improvements/new features, or is there another thread for those kind of things?

Sounds good. I'm also having trouble getting my 4th level feat to load in the active features (rogue), doesn't seem to matter which feat is selected.

See the below quotes and let me know if this resolves the issue.

For that matter it looks like none of the Active Features for subclasses are really showing up. Main class is like Spell Recovery, The fact that someone has Channel divinity or Bardic Inspiration, but subclass specific information is not showing up on Character Sheet 1. It is on Summary

On the start tab, look for Storm Herald Aura under the class features section and replace the "#N/A" with something from the drop down list.

The way Beta 3 was coded, the N/A in the Storm Herald was preventing most subclass and feats active feature listings from making it to CSI

The Arcane Archer is not given any cantrips so you have to choose which one you want on the left and then force it into the cantrips, giving you 1 of 0, to get it on the spell sheet.

Fixed

in 2.28 beta 3, light is not showing in cantrip dropdown for aasimar

Fixed

It doesn't look like Hexblade's Charisma ability modifier is making it into weapon +attack/+damage calculations. Additionally, I see "+4 attack & dmg, pact weapon instead of ST" in the active features section on character sheet 1, but the charisma modifier is +3.

Shouldn't it be equal to the Charisma mod ?
Is there any way to override which ability modifier is used for attack/dmg bonus calculations?

Updated active feature text to be generic. Added a selectoin on Start tab in the attacks section to select a hex weapon that is only available when hexblade levels are taken.

Also for Hexblades, the Blur spell is not in the list to choose.

Fixed

Since we are on Hexblades, I just tested this with my character, and aside from the above mentioned, there is also an issue with the "Attacks" fields. Hexblade correctly gets all martial proficencies and it works with all weapons i've tested except 'Long sword' which doesnt register as proficent when it's selected.

I can't replicate this. Please send more info.

Also - Half-Drow Elf racial options, on the spellcasting tab it adds the extra Cantrip slot, but the dropdown menu is empty and you can't select the 'Dancing Lights' cantrip there. It would also be great if the 1/rest spells for this race shows up on the Active features tab in the character sheet once the character reaches 3rd and 5th level respectivly as they are activation abilities/spells but doesn't really fit into the spellcasting area. I guess that could be said for all similar abilities for races etc.
Dancing Lights added. The active features request could be done later, but for now, I'd like to focus on bug fixes. Please bring this up again later so we don't forget about it!

ShadowO

First Post
Fixed
Fixed
Updated active feature text to be generic. Added a selectoin on Start tab in the attacks section to select a hex weapon that is only available when hexblade levels are taken.
Fixed
Dancing Lights added. The active features request could be done later, but for now, I'd like to focus on bug fixes. Please bring this up again later so we don't forget about it!

Have you taken over development of this, or are you just making superficial changes to the spreadsheet?

EDIT: I am sorry! This is not just for Long sword. This is for all martial weapons! I just checked the drop down list again. This means the error is that it doesn't register the Martial Weapon proficiency class feature from Hexblade (However as screenshot below shows, the Medium armor/shield registers correctly)

Step by step to recreate error of long sword not showing as proficient. (Did it twice to confirm)

Open and fully reset v2.28 zenith BETA3 RC example character sheet and custom tab.
Enter stats (8, 13, 15, 10, 12, 14) and set XP to 900 (Lvl 3)
Enter level 1: Sorcerer
Enter level 2: Sorcerer
Enter level 3: Warlock
Enter race: Half-drow elf (Set bonus stat to dex/con)
Set subclass sorcerer: Divine soul
set subclass warlock: Hexblade
Set worn armor and shield to half-plate & shield
In field 11. Attacks - under Attack option 1, select 'Long sword'

For me, this then shows up as martial melee, not proficient (Also says in properties, not proficient, versatile)

That's how I get the error. However, could this have something to do with the spelling of the name of the attack? 'Long sword' rather than 'Longsword'?
(To be clear, I do not type out the name, I select it from the drop-down list in the sheet)

I hope that helps. I can't be more detailed unfortunately :(
I did try to attach a small screencap of what the sheet shows me (Although not sure if it helps, but still.)
Please let me know if you want me to provide any further detail.

As for my suggestion, I fully understand! :D I shall try to remember and see what else I can think of as things plod along now. And thank you, for the excellent work you do!

Attachments

• long sword prof error 2.JPG
    long sword prof error 2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Remove ads