• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

MixedGoobers

Villager
On a completely separate note, for hp gain per level can a selector at the top to use the per class average hit die gained? so fighters / paladin are d10, so 6 hp per level. I know it already add the constitution modifier so that is great.

Standard Variant
HD Type 1st HD Later HD Later HD
d4 4 +1d4 ea +3 ea
d6 6 +1d6 ea +4 ea
d8 8 +1d8 ea +5 ea
d10 10 +1d10 ea +6 ea
d12 12 +1d12 ea +7 ea

Kensei weapons have the following text: "Weapons of the chosen types are monk weapons for you."

Martial Arts has the following text: "You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attacks and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons."

It's not technically finesse, but you do use Dex if the score is better based upon my interpretation.

Fixed in next version. In the mean time, you can use the formula "=MAX(STRMod,DEXMod)+ProfBonus" in the "ATTACK BONUS" override field.

EDIT: While I was looking at the Monk Weapons rules, I noticed that benefits only applied when "you aren't wearing armor or wielding a shield" so I made some changes to the calculations to check for these requirements.
Equipping a shield or wearing any armor grouped as Light, Medium, or Heavy will negate the benefits of monk weapons and unarmed strikes. If I've misinterpreted this rule, please advise.

Last edited:

On a completely separate note, for hp gain per level can a selector at the top to use the per class average hit die gained? so fighters / paladin are d10, so 6 hp per level. I know it already add the constitution modifier so that is great.

Standard Variant
HD Type 1st HD Later HD Later HD
d4 4 +1d4 ea +3 ea
d6 6 +1d6 ea +4 ea
d8 8 +1d8 ea +5 ea
d10 10 +1d10 ea +6 ea
d12 12 +1d12 ea +7 ea

I'm not sure what you're asking for. If you leave the Dice Roll column blank, it assumes the average HD was rolled.

Spastik

First Post
Eladrin Autumn, Winter, and the option to show all I'm guessing is just the Eladrin at the bottom is showing #VALUE! when selected. Also, how can you enter anything into the big empty box on the Character Sheet 1 page (beside conditions and below Damage reduction/resistance)?

And thanks a million! This thing is amazing! Been using it a while now and every table I go to, everyone wants this. Best character sheet out there, bar none!!!!!

Eladrin Autumn, Winter, and the option to show all I'm guessing is just the Eladrin at the bottom is showing #VALUE! when selected.

I can't recreate this. Please provide more details. Also, did you use the import macro (not supported by beta versions)?

Also, how can you enter anything into the big empty box on the Character Sheet 1 page (beside conditions and below Damage reduction/resistance)?

If you unprotect the sheet (right click the sheet name and click 'unprotect'), you can edit that box (and anything else on the sheet). Be advised, doing so will remove the formula in the box that populates it with effects of conditions (exhausted, blinded, etc) you may have indicated on the Start tab.

Steve Treavett

First Post
Proficiency fixed in next version. In the meantime, there is an overide box for proficiency under the attacks on the Start tab.

View attachment 97991

Regarding the finesse aspect, I don't see that in the book. Please advise a reference for this and we can get it updated.

Thanks for the workaround, I saw it already but the problem is, of course, that it uses strength instead of dex. I just overrided the hit and damage directly, but that means updating on level up.

The source of the ruling is:
XGtE page 34 Kensai Weapons "Weapons of the chosen types are monk weapons for you"
PHB page 78 Martial Arts "You can use dexterity instead of strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons"

So technically not finesse, but the same effect.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Steve

Thanks for the workaround, I saw it already but the problem is, of course, that it uses strength instead of dex. I just overrided the hit and damage directly, but that means updating on level up.

The source of the ruling is:
XGtE page 34 Kensai Weapons "Weapons of the chosen types are monk weapons for you"
PHB page 78 Martial Arts "You can use dexterity instead of strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons"

So technically not finesse, but the same effect.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Steve

Steve, see below. @tclayton pointed out the proper rules a fix has been applied. The formula below will also provide a fix for you until next release.
One other note for both of you... while Martial Arts is similar to finesse, it wouldn't convey any of the other benefits of finesse (like rogue sneak damage).

Kensei weapons have the following text: "Weapons of the chosen types are monk weapons for you."

Martial Arts has the following text: "You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attacks and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons."

It's not technically finesse, but you do use Dex if the score is better based upon my interpretation.

Fixed in next version. In the mean time, you can use the formula "=MAX(STRMod,DEXMod)+ProfBonus" in the "ATTACK BONUS" override field.

EDIT: While I was looking at the Monk Weapons rules, I noticed that benefits only applied when "you aren't wearing armor or wielding a shield" so I made some changes to the calculations to check for these requirements.
Equipping a shield or wearing any armor grouped as Light, Medium, or Heavy will negate the benefits of monk weapons and unarmed strikes. If I've misinterpreted this rule, please advise.

The damage formula would be... ="1d8 +"& StartAttacksAttack1Bonus + StartAttacksAttack1AmmoBonus + MAX(STRMod,DEXMod)

replace 1d8 with whatever the damage die is and replace Attack1 with Attack# that you are working on.

Last edited:

Remove ads