D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

DanteMccloud

Villager
What ever the version I don't think it works well when converted to open office.
Yes there is a hidden worksheet that has over 1024 columns.

I have a copy of 2.28 Beta but I never could figure out how to crack the password off "Start, Spellcasting, Custom, Designspace" or how to reveal the hidden sheets. I wanted to update it with the content from XGE and TCE. Do you happen to have a more "up to date" version or even a non-protected version (or the password for VBA or the sheets to just unprotect them haha)?

I have a copy of 2.28 Beta but I never could figure out how to crack the password off "Start, Spellcasting, Custom, Designspace" or how to reveal the hidden sheets. I wanted to update it with the content from XGE and TCE. Do you happen to have a more "up to date" version or even a non-protected version (or the password for VBA or the sheets to just unprotect them haha)?
so is this project dead...

Zio_the_dark

The dark one :)
I sent you a MP (it's only v2.27 but...)

dunstvangeet

Explorer
Here's the way to get rid of the password on the sheets. This will work for a lot of Excel workbooks as well. First off, make a backup copy of it, because you'll actually be messing around in the XML sheets for the password file. If you do this badly, it can cause the XLSX book to become unusable. You'll also need a tool like 7zip, which will open up the XLSX file as basically a ZIP file.

So, within the XLSX file, it's basically a compressed file of a bunch of XML files. So, now open up the XLSX file with 7Zip, and you'll see that the XLSX file is basically a compressed file of a bunch of sheets.

Now under the "xl" folder, you'll find a bunch of XML files. You'll want to do two things here. First is edit open up the "workbook.xml" file. From that, you'll see this XML code somewhere in it: <sheet name="Tables" sheetId="5" state="veryHidden" r:id="rId5"/>

If delete the bold part (I bolded it for you) of that code, you'll reveal the hidden "Tables" sheet when you open it up next time. This is where all the underlying data is stored that makes it run.

Now, the next part is getting rid of the password on the sheet protection. This again involves manipulating the XML on the sheets.

Under the "worksheets" folder, you'll notice that there are sheets 1-13. The sheets are as follows:
sheet1 - Start
sheet2 - Spellcasting
sheet3 - Custom
sheet4 - DesignSpace
sheet5 - Tables
sheet6 - Character Sheet I
sheet7 - Character Sheet II
sheet8 - Character Sheet III
sheet9 - Character Sheet IV
sheet10 - Character Sheet V
sheet11 - Wild Shape
sheet12 - Character Summary
sheet13 - Adventurer's Log

Some of these sheets have passwords protecting the sheet protection, some of them do not. To get rid of the password, you'll going to look for this following XML tag: <sheetProtection algorithmName="SHA-512" hashValue="aq9aE+xhWQllX2LYxYBZHx4RMwHIG2ipsSovd1/OM2j4L1AE4QLWc1SipA/0lWRRomH0Zp2ey7/Pgh8B6X186g==" saltValue="JpgWLpvMYlUFpSXWs9vhDw==" spinCount="100000" sheet="1" objects="1" scenarios="1" selectLockedCells="1" sort="0"/>

Again, I bolded the part you need to delete from that tag. If you delete this part, that will remove the password from the sheetprotection (but keep the sheetprotection in there). Then you can go in and remove the sheetProtection, as there is no longer a password on it.

I don't know about the password to the VBA.

I was able to remove the password from the VBA with these steps:

1. Change the extension of the .xlsm file to .zip.
  2. Open the .zip file (with WinZip or WinRar etc) and go to the xl folder.
  3. Extract the vbaProject.bin file and open it in a Hex Editor (I use HxD, its completely free and lightweight.)
  4. Search for DPB and replace with DPx and save the file.
  5. Replace the old vbaProject.bin file with this new on in the zipped file.
  6. Change the file extension back to .xlsm.
  7. Open workbook skip through the warning messages.
  8. Open up Visual Basic inside Excel.
  9. Go to Tools > VBAProject Properties > Protection Tab.
  10. Put in a new password and save the .xlsm file.
  11. Close and re open and your new password will work.

Remove ads