• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Someone mentioned upthread that the draconic resilience for sorcerers appeared to be adding HP correctly to the class when leveling but I don't think it is. It is supposed to add 1 HP per level when you take a level in sorcerer but when I leveled a sorcerer with 48 HP and 16 CON (+3 modifier) it only added the 3 from CON for a total of 51 and not 52 (minus whatever they roll for HP).

*Edit*

I just tried this again in v1.40 (was using 1.39) and it is working as designed. Thanks!

Cool :cool:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi. I don't use Excel. I use the openoffice, and it all works fine. My request is a character sheet just as a pdf for all the blank pages as well as one for adding honor and sanity if possible. :)

Awesome that it works in OpenOffice, never tried it - very cool nonetheless. For your request to have a PDF, do you mean a PDF of Character Sheets I-V that are not filled in?

For Honor and Sanity, there is no space to add these stats on Character Sheet I, recommend Character Sheet II (under Character Notes) or another possibility under Character Sheet IV (Under Background or Adventure Notes). If I think of a better way to implement this I will.

Anhelios

First Post
Awesome that it works in OpenOffice, never tried it - very cool nonetheless. For your request to have a PDF, do you mean a PDF of Character Sheets I-V that are not filled in?

For Honor and Sanity, there is no space to add these stats on Character Sheet I, recommend Character Sheet II (under Character Notes) or another possibility under Character Sheet IV (Under Background or Adventure Notes). If I think of a better way to implement this I will.

Yes sir. I-V without stuff filled in and can be printed off. Cause honestly, LOVE these. Lol. If I could I'd spam them all over D&D websites. xD But yeah. Printable and such. xD

johnsolo

Explorer
I am using v1.40 and for some reason the Warlock (Fiend) I am working with (Human Variant) has 3 cantrips, even though it should only have 2 (selected feat War Caster).

Katmandoo122

First Post
The magic initiate feat casting class only shows the Class selected, Spellcasting Ability and DC in the Race, Background, Class & Feats area.

Corrected Magic Initiate Level 1 spell prepared and known for v1.40

First off, really awesome job! Second, perhaps this is my misunderstanding of the sheet or the rules but my Monk Human (variant) with Magic Initiate is not opening the spellcasting tab. It says there are "0 number of 3" of cantrips known (I think it should be 2, btw) on one level of Monk but there are no options for selecting the spell like there is for choosing a level of, say, Cleric. Yes, I did choose Cleric on the feat toggle (and confirmed it didn't matter which class I chose). Also, the Prepared/Known reads "-1 OF 1." Related, I assume, is a bunch of N/A that show up if I type in the spellcasting tab and the entire spellcasting section of Sheet III is blank for all of the stats.
Feat section:
Freat.jpg

SC Tab: SC Tab.jpg

This is for 1.4.

Still, just amazing what you've done. So glad I found this before I tried to do it!

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First off, really awesome job! Second, perhaps this is my misunderstanding of the sheet or the rules but my Monk Human (variant) with Magic Initiate is not opening the spellcasting tab. It says there are "0 number of 3" of cantrips known (I think it should be 2, btw) on one level of Monk but there are no options for selecting the spell like there is for choosing a level of, say, Cleric. Yes, I did choose Cleric on the feat toggle (and confirmed it didn't matter which class I chose). Also, the Prepared/Known reads "-1 OF 1." Related, I assume, is a bunch of N/A that show up if I type in the spellcasting tab and the entire spellcasting section of Sheet III is blank for all of the stats.
Feat section:
View attachment 68044

SC Tab: View attachment 68045

This is for 1.4.

Still, just amazing what you've done. So glad I found this before I tried to do it!

Great feedback! Thanks. Will look into this and have it fixed for V1.41

V1.41 implemented selection of 2 cantrips and 1 1st Level spell in the Feats section of the Start sheet, details for the chosen spells are shown in the Ability Score Improvements & Feats section, in addition the selected spells are added to the Cantrip and 1st Level Spell lists in the Spellcasting Sheet. Character Sheet III does not show the spellcasting ability, DC etc, this detail appears in the Ability Score Improvement & Feats section (Start & Character Sheet II section) - Character Sheet III detail is reserved for Spellcasting Classes & Subclasses for now.

Last edited:

aterrill

First Post
Very nice. Looking at taking a group of people through a campaign in a few weeks that have never played the new edition, this should help a bunch. Any chance of getting the abilities generation points method in there as an option? or the chart for it shown in the same area.

Remove ads