• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Gjorbjond

First Post
I created the character several versions ago and all I can figure is that the transfer tool glitched on one of the upgrades. I was able to recreate the character in the new version from scratch without issue.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I created the character several versions ago and all I can figure is that the transfer tool glitched on one of the upgrades. I was able to recreate the character in the new version from scratch without issue.

Okay great, could you send your faulty character to me via PM, maybe I can find the issue with the transfer tool. Thanks!

Magistus71

Explorer
How do I do Expertise using Forged Anvil? the Rogue has Expertise with perception, so my Perception and Passive Percepetion should be two points higher than they are showing.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
How do I do Expertise using Forged Anvil? the Rogue has Expertise with perception, so my Perception and Passive Percepetion should be two points higher than they are showing.

If you are proficient with Perception then it will appear in the Expertise drop down list on the Start sheet. If Perception is selected it will reflect this on Character Sheet I under skills and passive Perception

Let me know if you have issues

Valdor

Villager
My friends and I have been using your Character Generator for a few months now and absolutely love it. I did notice recently that in my current character (Half-Orc Barbarian Soldier) I get Intimidation proficiency for Race and Background. In section 4 of the Start tab, the total number of skills I can select is 5 but where I have Intimidation twice shouldn't I only be able to select 4 skills? Also, what should be entered in the Feat & Level Gains (1-20 & A1 % A2) boxes? Do values in those boxes control anything else in the sheet?

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Forgive me if this was asked earlier, as I see 60 pages and cannot look through all that! My gameworld has additional elven subraces, as well as human subraces. Is there any way to have multiple custom races? I see there is an area for one, but I had considered making a version of the spreadsheet that added all the custom subraces or even additional backgrounds. How would I go about doing this? Is it possible to have multiple custom races?

I understand a decent amount of excel, I took an advanced class on it years ago, so a tough modification might be in my ability range, lay it on me!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forgive me if this was asked earlier, as I see 60 pages and cannot look through all that! My gameworld has additional elven subraces, as well as human subraces. Is there any way to have multiple custom races? I see there is an area for one, but I had considered making a version of the spreadsheet that added all the custom subraces or even additional backgrounds. How would I go about doing this? Is it possible to have multiple custom races?

I understand a decent amount of excel, I took an advanced class on it years ago, so a tough modification might be in my ability range, lay it on me!

Thanks for the feedback, version 1.53 support customization for 3 races, 3 backgrounds, 10 deities and 8 spells. Recommend to try this version and let me know your thoughts and if you find any issues

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
My friends and I have been using your Character Generator for a few months now and absolutely love it. I did notice recently that in my current character (Half-Orc Barbarian Soldier) I get Intimidation proficiency for Race and Background. In section 4 of the Start tab, the total number of skills I can select is 5 but where I have Intimidation twice shouldn't I only be able to select 4 skills? Also, what should be entered in the Feat & Level Gains (1-20 & A1 % A2) boxes? Do values in those boxes control anything else in the sheet?

Awesome that you're loving the generator! There was an issue in previous version for the Half-Orcs Menacing Trait, it correctly adds Intimidation skill now (before it was advantage). The Feat and Level Gains will highlight in green when you select a feat that adjusts an ability score, A1/A2 are used for feats (see feat selection) (possibly gain by magical items or deity) if you gain an ability score adjustment for these feats they will show up in green in the Feat & Level Gains section. This section can also be used to add ability score adjustments from say a tome or manual which gives a permanent adjustment

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads