• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Just a thought for your consideration:

The new version of CSII must be using a Named Variable for Total Weight Carried. This causes a problem when the previously discussed work-around for a Bag of Holding, etc. i.e copy CSII to a new tab and Copy & Paste Values during transfers. The copied sheet shows the same weight total as CSII. I used your post as a basis for a work-around. I included an entry in the Attuned Magical Items called Total This Page with a Quantity of 1 and a Weight Override of '=SUM(CR14: DA138)' (Extra space between : & D to keep out emoticon). Please comment if this formula needs changed. Also, it would be nice if there were a check-box like the one on CSIII for removing Blank spells that would override the Total Weight Carried for a simple sum of the current page.

A second note for consideration for 2.0: The coinage section on Start & CSI would probably work better on CSII. I carry most of my coinage in my BoH but it shows up in the Total Weight Carried. A possible location would be above the Race, Class, Background & Feats section. Small added note: I am carrying >1000 PP from my adventuring & the Coinage section shows ### for PP Carrying.

As always, many thanks and admiration for your effort.

Hey flwad, there have been many changes in the background (and more still to come) so this is why a few bugs are creeping in during the transition. Definitely planned to move coinage and carrying capacity to CSII and move the background stuff to CSIV as it makes complete sense (the reason the sheet is as it is today is due to the original legacy design, like having the animal companion stuff on Spellcasting as the animal companion was originally on CSIII. Lots of changes required to make all this happen though so will take time

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I am having a hard time getting the Wildshape sheet to work. I am running the latest version of LibreOffice, so it's possible that some macros are not being implemented as they should be, but there is nothing in the dropdown and when I type in a beast it says it's an invalid entry. I have all my Druid levels on the sheet and have selected Moon circle. Have I missed some step?

LibreOffice is not tested or supported but should function for the most part, you may see issues with conditional formatting. I have a sneaking suspicion that LibreOffice has a limitation on the number of columns and rows that it supports...

Astinex

First Post
What I've recommended in this case is to rename Level 9 in the Spellcasting sheet to Book of Ancient Secrets and you will need to type the name of the ritual spells (no drop down selection available). It is then possible to filter the spells to remove the blank rows from your spell sheet

Thank you for the reply. And thank you for the effort with the sheet. It is a huge time saver for me and my friends.

soulkeeper

First Post
Recently found your sheet and love it, as do my players/friends.

One thing we find we struggle with is equipment. The field does not seem to have any search ability to type ahead. Not sure this is even possible?

We often do a lot of quick characters with nearly the same starting equipment, we tried to copy and paste. Also not permitted due to permissions.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Iraelaemei

Explorer
Custom Races, sub-classes, deities, spells, and backgrounds are all on the custom tab.

I've been fooling around with additional tabs and the Additional Details box on the Start tab to try use custom classes. For the most part I can simulate custom classes by using a different class as a foundation, but most of the time it is cumbersome.

I have found the custom Race portion, but I am wondering if there is an option for a subrace to be added? Or will there be an option in the future for that to be added?

As always, I really love this sheet and keep up the good work.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I have found the custom Race portion, but I am wondering if there is an option for a subrace to be added? Or will there be an option in the future for that to be added?

As always, I really love this sheet and keep up the good work.

The custom race section is designed for a "complete" race, e.g. High Elf. If you like to create say a Aquatic Elf then the race would be built from scratch - there are some examples show in Example Character Zenith including formulas used for spells gained at different levels (e.g. Drow Elf). Enjoy!

Iraelaemei

Explorer
The custom race section is designed for a "complete" race, e.g. High Elf. If you like to create say a Aquatic Elf then the race would be built from scratch - there are some examples show in Example Character Zenith including formulas used for spells gained at different levels (e.g. Drow Elf). Enjoy!

Ahh, that makes sense. Keep up the fantastic work!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Recently found your sheet and love it, as do my players/friends.

One thing we find we struggle with is equipment. The field does not seem to have any search ability to type ahead. Not sure this is even possible?

We often do a lot of quick characters with nearly the same starting equipment, we tried to copy and paste. Also not permitted due to permissions.

Any thoughts or solutions?

You should be able to copy sections of CSII without issue. For example copy the entire ITEM column of the equipment section (until it stops at the beginning of the attuned items), go the new character sheet II and use paste special > as values. Alternatively create a character sheet with nothing but the equipment you want to use and use it as a template.

NOTE: it is important to use Paste Special > As Values OR Paste Special > Formulas (if you are using formula like I do) as there is conditional formatting that changes the color of the text based on the "Rarity" of the magical item

Last edited:

Mickey Flint

First Post
Thanks for this amazing tool! I am bringing some 3.5 friends up to 5E and this tool has been invaluable to getting us going quickly. It walks them through the character creation and really has helped them to understand the classes and race interactions!

I am looking to add some custom to a Totem Warrior though. Adding a new Totem animal. I have looked through the custom page but am unsure where I would add those new features. Any help that you could provide with direction (or simply letting me know that its not supported :) ) would be of great help.

thank you again!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads