• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

soulkeeper

First Post
Hum, I'll try again (copy/paste), I'm guessing I was not pasting it as you stated. I did however make a sheet with the equipment filled in and used it as a template, so that worked like a charm. Thank you.

Iraelaemei

Explorer
So, odd thing. My sorceress has a 20 STR. The box reads 8, but the summary and sheet shows 20. Cannot figure out why. Ideas? Can I share the xlsm to you over dropbox for review?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyhys9yun2ksh9v/sorceress.xlsm?dl=0

On the Character sheet 1 Page there is a number in the Temp score box, delete that and you should be fine. I think when you went to change it to 20 you put the 20 in the temp score page on the Character sheet and not in the Start sheet

soulkeeper

First Post
On the Character sheet 1 Page there is a number in the Temp score box, delete that and you should be fine. I think when you went to change it to 20 you put the 20 in the temp score page on the Character sheet and not in the Start sheet

Wow, I would never have found that. We don't use them live, so I save to PDF, I'm not 100% sure I knew that was editable. I looked past that every time. Thank you!

schwix

First Post
I'm trying to transfer my Charakter from sheet Version 1.56 to the up-to-date version.

The Transfer Tool 1.60 supports my version, but I need a sheet of version 1.57-1.60 so transfer it to.
But i can't find any older versions. Can i get them somewhere?

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Gunslinger Martial Archetype for Fighter Class

I am currently trying to add the Gunslinger Martial Archetype in the subclass section of the custom tab. As I enter information into Level Gains section, I noticed that there is only one slot available for levels. Would it be possible to make the boxes smaller so additional boxes could be added so more than 1 level gain can be added?? Also since this archetype utilizes firearms would it be possible to make a section in the custom tab to add custom weapons???

The author of the Gunslinger made it available on www.dmsguild.com. It can be downloaded for free or you can make a donation. He also created a "Blood Hunter" class which is also available on the website.

I am going to send you the Gunslinger archetype so you can look it over if you want.

Danny

DrWorm

First Post
LibreOffice is not tested or supported but should function for the most part, you may see issues with conditional formatting. I have a sneaking suspicion that LibreOffice has a limitation on the number of columns and rows that it supports...
That's too bad. Getting Excell on my laptop is not really practical for me, and Openoffice just hangs up at about 33% when loading FA. I may be forced to only edit FA on my tablet, though I haven't tried the free DL yet.

I suppose it's possible that there is something within LibreOffice that can be changed from default to make it work, but I don't really know much about it.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I'm trying to transfer my Charakter from sheet Version 1.56 to the up-to-date version.

The Transfer Tool 1.60 supports my version, but I need a sheet of version 1.57-1.60 so transfer it to.
But i can't find any older versions. Can i get them somewhere?

I've uploaded v1.60 of the Character Generator for your reference. I'll probably leave this up for the next few months before removing v1.60 completely

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I am currently trying to add the Gunslinger Martial Archetype in the subclass section of the custom tab. As I enter information into Level Gains section, I noticed that there is only one slot available for levels. Would it be possible to make the boxes smaller so additional boxes could be added so more than 1 level gain can be added?? Also since this archetype utilizes firearms would it be possible to make a section in the custom tab to add custom weapons???

The author of the Gunslinger made it available on www.dmsguild.com. It can be downloaded for free or you can make a donation. He also created a "Blood Hunter" class which is also available on the website.

I am going to send you the Gunslinger archetype so you can look it over if you want.

Danny

If I understand you correctly you'd like to have more than one feature per subclass level gain? it is no problem to do this, you'll need to enter the first feature with no bullet point then once you complete the text hit ALT+Enter to go to a new line, you'll need to add a bullet point for the second feature followed by a space then type the next feature. you can get fancier using formulas for features that are gain at an early level but improve later. This is done using the IF function, an example ="Text "&IF(FighterLevel>=11,"Max improved feature", IF(FighterLevel>=7,"Improved feature", if(FighterLevel>=3,"feature")))&" more text"

Example Character Zenith has some example subclasses and races that use formula, to view formulas on the character sheet go to the ribbon menu under Formulas > Show Formulas
Customized weapons are currently not planned as the overrides in the Attacks section on the Start sheet serve that purpose for now.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Character Sheet I High Density - Design Concept Update

Here's an updated design concept for Character Sheet I High Density. The design principles behind this are to bring as much as possible on a single page what a character can do and the characters status to the forefront. The coinage and encumbrance moves to CSII with the Background information moving to CSIV (though this might be renamed to CSIII and the Spells renamed to CSIV). Feedback welcomed

Character Sheet I High Density v2.png

Last edited:

Remove ads