• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Hydraaa

First Post
Suggestion: CSII attuned Magic items dropdown list. If possible leave the mundane equipment, armor and weapons out of the list. This reduces the number of clicks to get to the actual magic items.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I see you can do custom races. Is there a way to do custom subraces?

There is no differentiation between race and subrace with the custom race layout, so it's not possible, for example, to add a new elf subrace to the existing built in elf race - you would need to add the custom Aquatic Elf race, for example, and add both the Elf base race and the subrace features to it.

GravGunner

Villager
Suggestion: CSII attuned Magic items dropdown list. If possible leave the mundane equipment, armor and weapons out of the list. This reduces the number of clicks to get to the actual magic items.

Most magical items are in the dropdown lists in the Equipment(CSII or III I believe), just ALL the way down :)

Greenmtn

Explorer
There is no differentiation between race and subrace with the custom race layout, so it's not possible, for example, to add a new elf subrace to the existing built in elf race - you would need to add the custom Aquatic Elf race, for example, and add both the Elf base race and the subrace features to it.

Thanks!

FA,
One of the features I've seen requested a number of times in an autofill/autocomplete feature on the gear list. While you can't autofill without a macro, there is a way to add an autocomplete function. If you add a number of rows between the gear heading and the first gear slot, paste (or link) a list of all items in EquipmentList and then hide those rows, then items will show an auto complete while typing so long as no blank spaces are left.

If you wanted to link the equipment list so that it updated dynamically, you can use the function =index(equipmentlist,A14) in the newly added cell B14. Cell A14 would be 1. A15 would be A14+1 and drag down until the end of your list. Again these rows would need to be hidden.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
FA,
One of the features I've seen requested a number of times in an autofill/autocomplete feature on the gear list. While you can't autofill without a macro, there is a way to add an autocomplete function. If you add a number of rows between the gear heading and the first gear slot, paste (or link) a list of all items in EquipmentList and then hide those rows, then items will show an auto complete while typing so long as no blank spaces are left.

If you wanted to link the equipment list so that it updated dynamically, you can use the function =index(equipmentlist,A14) in the newly added cell B14. Cell A14 would be 1. A15 would be A14+1 and drag down until the end of your list. Again these rows would need to be hidden.

I was thinking to do this awhile back but is not a very elegant solution to the problem. And you're right with the issue that it doesn't work if there is a row space between gear. I'm all for the auto complete/ suggestion list in Excel that would be awesome. Microsoft really need to build this into Excel based on the data validation list. Not only to give one suggestion but a complete list so typing in armor would show a full filtered list with the word armor in it e.g. Armor of Warding, leather armor, plate armor etc. If you like idea of the feature you can request in Excel feedback

Marc Roberge

First Post
Pact Magic Slots with multi-class

I just want to say how much I love this character sheet and hope you continue to update it with new content as it becomes available. I did find something with Sheet 3. It seems that the 'Slots' box does not auto populate for the Warlocks pact magic section for multi-class characters. It is not that big a deal but I thought I would mention it. Also it looks like the number in the 'prepared/known' box is shifted to the right a little too much. These are some small issues compared to the overwhelming functionality and versatility of this character sheet. Thank you for all your hard work.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I just want to say how much I love this character sheet and hope you continue to update it with new content as it becomes available. I did find something with Sheet 3. It seems that the 'Slots' box does not auto populate for the Warlocks pact magic section for multi-class characters. It is not that big a deal but I thought I would mention it. Also it looks like the number in the 'prepared/known' box is shifted to the right a little too much. These are some small issues compared to the overwhelming functionality and versatility of this character sheet. Thank you for all your hard work.

Noted on the Warlock multiclass, small bug and fixed in the next build thanks for the feedback :) 

Remove ads