• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

warderbrad

Explorer
I was entering an Adventure League character into the sheet and noticed two things about the Adventure Log tab.

First was it wanted to print 3 pages but the last two were blank.

Second was that there did not appear to be a way to add more lines, the log appears to only handle 14 log entries and then it is full.

Are the extra blank pages supposed to populate with more lines when the first gets full? If so what controls that?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I was entering an Adventure League character into the sheet and noticed two things about the Adventure Log tab.

First was it wanted to print 3 pages but the last two were blank.

Second was that there did not appear to be a way to add more lines, the log appears to only handle 14 log entries and then it is full.

Are the extra blank pages supposed to populate with more lines when the first gets full? If so what controls that?

1. You can filter the pages (1 to 3), the filter is directly below the Player Name text.

2. It should automatically populate based on the previous XP, Gold, etc... if you skip a line then it won't automatically add up the totals. You can unprotect the sheet and check out the formula. if you want to add additional pages you can copy page 3 and paste it below page 3 (use View > Page Break Preview to see pages) . You may need to adjust the print area so it catches the new page(s).

Conandar

Explorer
For cantrips the CSI only shows 6 even if you have more

CSI doesn't show spells at all, so perhaps you meant CSIII? On CSIII, if you are using a filter, make sure you undo the filter to see any new cantrips you have received. You can reapply the filter after. This tool is intentially (mostly?) macro-free so some things that seem obvious have to be handled manually. Also, there are two filters, so be sure to undo both! I recomment only using one of the filters as, in my experience, using both leads to strange results.

Felowen

First Post
First, let me say I am really enjoying this Character generator. It is really well designed and easy to use.
My question is I am currently a wizard in a 5e homebrew campaign. My DM allows for creation of our own spells. I found how to enter the info on the Custom Tab with no issue. My only concern is there is only 8 Custom Spell options on that page. When you have a moment, please explain how I may add additional homebrew spells.

Thank you again

Felowen

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First, let me say I am really enjoying this Character generator. It is really well designed and easy to use.
My question is I am currently a wizard in a 5e homebrew campaign. My DM allows for creation of our own spells. I found how to enter the info on the Custom Tab with no issue. My only concern is there is only 8 Custom Spell options on that page. When you have a moment, please explain how I may add additional homebrew spells.

Thank you again

Felowen

Beta Build 7 you're able to add up to 16 custom spells :)

Felowen

First Post
Thank you for getting back to me. I did try Beta Build 7 and have just tried it once more. The issue I run into on there is I enter a custom spell under the Custom Tab, just as I would in 1.64. When I go to the Spellcasting Tab and try to use the dropdown in a cell under the appropriate spell level, I get the list of premade spells and then Custom at the bottom, however the actual custom spell does not appear on the list. It works fine in 1.64. I even went ahead and made sure to select All for Class to see if that helped but it is still not listing any of the spells I added.

Please advise on if I am missing something.
Thank you.

Remove ads