• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
So I added som 3. level spells to my warlock today, and suddenly in the pulldown list with the others came the daylight spell!
Is that added somewhere as a warlock spell or is there a small bug in the file?

Is your warlock a Legacy Aasimar? They get to cast Daylight 1 per day starting at 5th level. Because it is a 3rd level spell, it shows up in that list.

maraxion

First Post
Is your warlock a Legacy Aasimar? They get to cast Daylight 1 per day starting at 5th level. Because it is a 3rd level spell, it shows up in that list.

Thanks for the response.
No im actualy a custom Race with no extras on spells. But im guessing its there it might come from then that its added somehow.
Iv checked everywhere and havent added any spells that might change the list.
Was kinda hoping it had been adding in some book ;)

Last edited:

Kerato

First Post
Latest build is really good.

2 issues remain tough:
1st - Custom invocation still do not show up in the drop down menu. They do work however when you fill in the name of the custom invocation instead.

2nd - Free known/prepared spells granted granted by e.g. domain, circle, oath, patron still count towards the total known/prepared. (patron also does not show up with an extra letter like the rest does) This might not be a bug but meant as intended. I like the black squares (ticked as prepared/known) to quickly see what spells I can cast, so they could either be aromatically ticked or not count toward towards the total.

I'll try and donate after my next salary :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks for the response.
No im actualy a custom Race with no extras on spells. But im guessing its there it might come from then that its added somehow.
Iv checked everywhere and havent added any spells that might change the list.
Was kinda hoping it had been adding in some book ;)

I can't replicate this issue, so need more details - race, warlock level, any other classes, subclass for each class, feats - thanks

Conandar

Explorer
2nd - Free known/prepared spells granted granted by e.g. domain, circle, oath, patron still count towards the total known/prepared. (patron also does not show up with an extra letter like the rest does) This might not be a bug but meant as intended. I like the black squares (ticked as prepared/known) to quickly see what spells I can cast, so they could either be aromatically ticked or not count toward towards the total.

The known/prepared number does indeed include any always-prepared spells in the total, and it is intentially included in the total. Though most special spell-types are automatically known, I believe the warlock spells are merely added options for the warlock, so those are not included.

Kerato

First Post
The known/prepared number does indeed include any always-prepared spells in the total, and it is intentially included in the total. Though most special spell-types are automatically known, I believe the warlock spells are merely added options for the warlock, so those are not included.
Ah, you are right. The warlock pact spells threw me off. I thought those were granted as well. Now it all makes sense. Sorry for the confusion.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Latest build is really good.

2 issues remain tough:
1st - Custom invocation still do not show up in the drop down menu. They do work however when you fill in the name of the custom invocation instead.

I'll try and donate after my next salary :)

For the custom invocations, ensure the level prerequisite is defined (not left blank) and that all prerequisites are met - they should appear in the list if this is done.

Kerato

First Post
For the custom invocations, ensure the level prerequisite is defined (not left blank) and that all prerequisites are met - they should appear in the list if this is done.

I found out what blocked it from showing up. I had to select a pact boon. The problem however is that the invocation does not have a pact boon prerequisite, only a patron one.

DensetsuMeru

First Post
Something I noticed for the Way of the Long Death entries for Monks, just wondering why it's worded the way it is on the sheet.

Hour of Reaping under active features has the recovery as 'until save' but the character doesn't really need to recover from it - kind of confusing.

Thx.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Something I noticed for the Way of the Long Death entries for Monks, just wondering why it's worded the way it is on the sheet.

Hour of Reaping under active features has the recovery as 'until save' but the character doesn't really need to recover from it - kind of confusing.

Thx.

Thanks, modified in next build to Hour of Reaping (30ft fear, Wis save) Action 1 Turn ᴱᴺᴰ Instant

Remove ads