• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Bought you a beer!

When I click on "Import Character" I get "Run-time Error 1004. Method 'GetOpenFilename' of object '_Application' failed". I am using Excel 15.33 on a Mac

Also when I select the ability roll from the drop down, there is an empty row between 11 and 12. That is just a cosmetic problem however.

Thanks again for the great spreadsheet.

If you intend to open up the spreadsheet for collaboration, you may want to consider putting it up on Github.com. You could then manage the new releases and track the issues.

Thanks for the beer, always appreciated. I've adjusted the code for importing I the next version - it may solve the problem on Mac, but you'll need test it and let me know ;)

For the gap, it's by design for touch screens. when you click on the cell it should show 12 as the first option (makes it easier to scroll up and down from this starting value) - this is similar to the gap found in the adjustment for -3 -2 -1 __ +1 +2 +3

Conandar

Explorer
ForgedAnvil,

When updating from v2.00b18 to v2.20, did you change anything regarding the named variables that this program uses? I was trying to figure what was changed between those two versions and the error message "The formula contains unrecognized text." is constant with most named variable use (but not all...for instance, the variables for Armor and Languages on CSI work correctly).
attachment.php

Possibly of interest is that, in the list of Actions, the first entry in both columns have the error, but the subsequent action entries, as well as all of the Bonus Action, As 1 Attack and Reaction entries are fine. This character has no custom entries in these areas.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 692

Iraelaemei

Explorer
Forged, Love the work you do.

On the new 2.20 sheet in the custom tab, when you have a custom subclass in Subclass 2 and 3 that has a damage resistance, it creates a circular reference. This does not occur in Subclass 1.

Thanks

ihuckdisc

First Post
I just tried leveling up my druid to level six in the 2.20 sheet, and now some of the wild shapes are getting #REF! errors on the attacks area (i.e. Cave bear, Giant Elk, Etc.). Seems to be mostly CR2 animals. On my old sheet (v. 2.0 b5) if I level up the same character, these wild shapes are referencing properly. Happens on both the Start tab as well as the Wild shae tab.

Thanks for the awesome spreadsheet!

attachment.php

Attachments

• #ref.png
    #ref.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,101

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads