• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I played through session a little bit back, and ended up with a pseudodragon as a pet/companion. It was guarding a small treasure and managed to befriend it and it travels with me now. I am a dragonborn, bahamut, paladin, and this creature does not show up in any of the listings. Also if i use the override, it does not carry over to CSII. I end up having to unlock the sheet and manually typing it all again on that sheet. Any chance of this being added in on the next one?

For now just type pseudodragon in the companion name field and it should work. What version are you using and what overrides are not working?

Conandar

Explorer
After reading James K's post, I tried giving a Pseudodragon to a character (using v2.22) and it worked as expected, both on the Start and CS2 sheets. I did notice, however, that the second Familiar / Animal Companion / Mount / Pet has an oddity - not on the Start sheet but on the CS2 sheet. There, if nothing is entered for the name it is not blank, it is 0. Not a game breaker, just an oddity.

Mount2a.jpgMount2b.jpg

Also, I found a typo in the Command spell where the Flee command is appended to the Drop command.
typo.jpg

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
After reading James K's post, I tried giving a Pseudodragon to a character (using v2.22) and it worked as expected, both on the Start and CS2 sheets. I did notice, however, that the second Familiar / Animal Companion / Mount / Pet has an oddity - not on the Start sheet but on the CS2 sheet. There, if nothing is entered for the name it is not blank, it is 0. Not a game breaker, just an oddity.

Also, I found a typo in the Command spell where the Flee command is appended to the Drop command.

Fixed both issues in the next version, thanks for the feedback ;)

On the custom tab, in the sub-class portion, all the "level" drop down tabs are empty, and if you select warlock and make a custom sub-class and then choose the "Parton/Expanded spell" drop down tab, and choose Expanded spells it does not carry over to the start tab, not noting the new "expanded spells" but if you choose "Patron" it does carry over to the start tab

Basselope

First Post
For now just type pseudodragon in the companion name field and it should work. What version are you using and what overrides are not working?

I did, and the overrides do work. But so long as I pick something that already exists. Meaning I HAVE to choose something out of the list already provided. (I went with lizard for now). Then everything plugged into the overrides shows through. Bad part is, I also end up with all the attributes of what i picked as well. So now I have the attributes of Lizard mixed with Psuedodragon. I am using 2.24, and with 10 i did not have this issue. But would be nice to have psuedodragon, or the base properties of most things psuedo placed in and then using overrides to fill the rest. In order to just have the properties of the psuedodragon, i have to unlock the CSII sheet and type it in straight that way so it prints out.

Mortilupo

Explorer
Beer

What do you drink? And how much is a beer where you are at. Be advised, I don't buy piss water so forget Coors and any of those lite beers.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I did, and the overrides do work. But so long as I pick something that already exists. Meaning I HAVE to choose something out of the list already provided. (I went with lizard for now). Then everything plugged into the overrides shows through. Bad part is, I also end up with all the attributes of what i picked as well. So now I have the attributes of Lizard mixed with Psuedodragon. I am using 2.24, and with 10 i did not have this issue. But would be nice to have psuedodragon, or the base properties of most things psuedo placed in and then using overrides to fill the rest. In order to just have the properties of the psuedodragon, i have to unlock the CSII sheet and type it in straight that way so it prints out.

Don't pick from the list, type in that cell instead "Pseudodragon" without the " " and that should solve your problem without overrides

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
What do you drink? And how much is a beer where you are at. Be advised, I don't buy piss water so forget Coors and any of those lite beers.

Indeed, those American beers are like having sex in a canoe... I'm partial to a Trappist beer or there is Aventinus (strong, dark, wheat doppelbock made in Bavaria by G. Schneider & Sohn) - in any case a quality cold beer will do the job. Cheers!

Basselope

First Post
Don't pick from the list, type in that cell instead "Pseudodragon" without the " " and that should solve your problem without overrides

In doing as suggested, all fields without anything in the override become #N/A, on the CSII sheet as well. Also, some of the overrides get overidden and while the dragon has an ac of 13 (natural), it doesn't show on the CSII now. It just says #N/A, same for speed, Hit points, senses, and none of the skills show any values or proficiency.

flwad

Explorer
In doing as suggested, all fields without anything in the override become #N/A, on the CSII sheet as well. Also, some of the overrides get overidden and while the dragon has an ac of 13 (natural), it doesn't show on the CSII now. It just says #N/A, same for speed, Hit points, senses, and none of the skills show any values or proficiency.

Have had 'pseudodragon' in a wildshape slot since v2.16 without issue. Have 'Homunculus' in the first familiar slot with no overrides & 'Shield Guardian' in second slot, with multiple overrides all working normally.

Maybe spelling???

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads