• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Great character sheet. I'm having a difficulty with importing from an older version, though. My old sheet is v2.00 Beta 3, and only a handful of fields are transferred into v2.24. Is importing not supported that far back? Or am I doing something wrong?

The really old versions (i.e. v2.00 Beta.... and older) will not import into v2.24. You are gonna have to transfer the information manually.

Basselope

First Post
Have had 'pseudodragon' in a wildshape slot since v2.16 without issue. Have 'Homunculus' in the first familiar slot with no overrides & 'Shield Guardian' in second slot, with multiple overrides all working normally.

Maybe spelling???

This is not a Wildshape though. This is a pet or animal companion. I cannot wildshape a a paladin/fighter.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I see what the issue is. At 1st through 4th level, the spell will only do fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. Once you hit 5th level it will add an additional 1d8 fire damage. The problem that I am seeing is that it isn't displaying the spellcasting ability modifier damage on the CS III sheet until the character reaches 5th level and gains the additional 1d8 fire damage.

You can verify what I am saying if you just boost your character to 5th level and see the damage is displayed on CS III.

This more than likely a formula error.

Thanks for the feedback, found the issue and it should be fixed in the next version. Cheers

flwad

Explorer
This is not a Wildshape though. This is a pet or animal companion. I cannot wildshape a a paladin/fighter.

If I am not mistaken, all the pre-generated creatures usable in wildshape and familiar/animal companion/mount/pet draw upon the same tables. They should have similar results with the same entry. If they don't, that is a different problem. Try creating a 10th-level druid if only in experience and level selection, use the same entry in both wildshape and pet entries and see if they react differently.

flwad

Explorer
Why is it when I add a ring of protection in equipment and under attuned magic items it isn't adding the bonus to AC nor the Saving Throws?
Magic items are not automatically apparent. They must be added in the start page in the overrides or adjustments areas, a RoP needs a +1 entered for each characteristic in section 1 in the Saving Throw Adjust(ment) column and a +1 in the section 10 other armor armor class block.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Is there a way to add a whole class to the excel file? The class I'm referring to is Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter. I love the sheet and would love to use the two together.

Blood Hunter pdf:
http://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Blood-Hunter-Class-1.2.pdf

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that... Only actual D&D data that has been published by WotC in manuals, handbooks, adventures, accessories, supplements, and such will be added to the CS. This is because all of that information is approved by WotC. You will not find any of the Unearthed Arcana in the CS as it isn't official material (yet).

Forged has been kind to us to give us the custom tab which allows us to make custom races, backgrounds, religion/ patron / deity, subclasses, spells and class options for the sorcerer and warlock. Adding a custom class option introduces a whole new array of problems. Just as adding a whole new character class. Because everyone will one their custom character class added as well.

Remove ads