• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Basselope

First Post
To help clear things up.... here are snapshots of my first attempt before asking.
original_method_start.jpgoriginal_method_cs2.jpg

and here are my shots of trying what Anvil said to do...
anvil_inst_results1.jpganvil_inst_results_cs2.jpg

My apologies for the double post.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
In this case, the override entry is not needed. Even though the pseudodragon is not in the dropdown list for either the pet or wild shape, if you type it in it will work. No overrides were needed for the screenshots here. For many parts of this spreadsheet, drop down lists are not limits, they are guides. Also, the problem you are having is probably because you are misspelling Pseudodragon....it is eu not ue! :)

pet.jpgwild.jpg

Last edited:

flwad

Explorer
Maybe you have a corrupted download??? Here are my entries in 2.24
ps1.JPGps2.JPG
ps3.JPG

Maybe since you entered data in the overrides first, something corrupted.

Sorry if this doesn't help, but the worst possible is to download again and try to re-enter from scratch.

edit: Looks like [FONT=&quot]Conandar found the problem.

FA: Maybe a text dump of the creature list (Type only) on the base page would help. It took me a lot of tries to get the exact syntax/spelling for Faerie Dragon (Yellow).
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Dannyboy7702

First Post
That brings up an interesting question. WotC has announced that the Mystic and Artificer will be AL-legal before they are published in a product. Will they be added to this sheet at that point (or will they not be added until they are published)? Right now, this is a theoretical question as they are up on DMsGuild but are not AL-legal yet.

While WotC has announced they are adding the Mystic and Artificer, we still do not know the final class stats. There may have been changes made to them following their release in UA. With that being said, Forged will only add new D&D material to the CS when it is released in office WotC D&D manuals, handbooks, adventures, accessories, supplements, and such.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Nope. No Unearthed Arcana data is in this spreadsheet (see the FAQ). Personally, I would never expect any homebrew material to be entered into character generation sheets (excel or otherwise) - some do support personal entry of data (though it is often times confusing to do so).

On a separate note, I disagree that the Blood Hunter is balanced. Do some searching, there are a couple of broken builds that rely on the Blood Hunter.

Wilcoxon is correct. There is no Unearthed Arcana material in the CS. Forged has stated that before and those of use that have been utilizing it, can attest to that fact. While I think that Matt Mercer does good work, he has made revisions to the Blood Hunter class and the Gunslinger sub-class, he has also stated that he had some assistance and input from several people (I believe at WotC D&D).

Please understand that unless it is official approved material released by WotC D&D, it will not be added to the CS. That minimizes complications and people putting in requests for custom classes from other content creators.

wilcoxon

Explorer
While WotC has announced they are adding the Mystic and Artificer, we still do not know the final class stats. There may have been changes made to them following their release in UA. With that being said, Forged will only add new D&D material to the CS when it is released in office WotC D&D manuals, handbooks, adventures, accessories, supplements, and such.

There are no changes between the latest UA versions and the DMsGuild versions of either class. However, there may be in the future before they are approved for AL (there is no definite timeline when that will happen). Once they are approved for AL, I would strongly urge Forged to add them to the spreadsheet. Otherwise, this sheet isn't even compliant with AL (which is the only reason I still use it at all (see other comments about all home games allowing UA)) and, as they will be new, there will be many AL players playing those classes when they are approved.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Once again....

New material will only be added to the CS, when new material is published in official D&D manuals, handbooks, adventures, accessories, supplements, and such.

As per DMSGuild WotC said the following about the Artificer and Mystic...

"This version of the artificer character class was originally released as part of the Unearthed Arcana web series. This download is the latest version of the character class. The artificer is in playtest. It has been made available so that you can use it in your games and provide feedback on its design."

This version of the mystic character class was originally released as part of the Unearthed Arcana web series. This download is the latest version of the character class. The mystic is in playtest. It has been made available so that you can use it in your games and provide feedback on its design.

That means they are not the final versions, they are still playtest material. Strongly urging someone to put something in their stuff to make you happy isn't gonna happen.

wilcoxon

Explorer
Once again....

New material will only be added to the CS, when new material is published in official D&D manuals, handbooks, adventures, accessories, supplements, and such.

As per DMSGuild WotC said the following about the Artificer and Mystic...

"This version of the artificer character class was originally released as part of the Unearthed Arcana web series. This download is the latest version of the character class. The artificer is in playtest. It has been made available so that you can use it in your games and provide feedback on its design."

This version of the mystic character class was originally released as part of the Unearthed Arcana web series. This download is the latest version of the character class. The mystic is in playtest. It has been made available so that you can use it in your games and provide feedback on its design.

That means they are not the final versions, they are still playtest material. Strongly urging someone to put something in their stuff to make you happy isn't gonna happen.

I'm not asking for it to be added to make me happy - I'm asking for it to be added to support AL. The statement you quoted is missing the part about Mystic and Artificer being made 100% AL legal sometime in the future but before it is published in a product. As I've said, I don't want them added NOW - I want them added when they are AL legal.

If that's not going to happen, I have to ask, what is the purpose of ForgedAnvil's sheet? If non-WotC-product-published material (even if it is AL legal) is not going to be added and it does not allow adding custom classes, what is the target audience for FA? In the past, only published material has been AL-legal but that's going to change (whenever these get approved).

I would prefer having UA material but I understand not wanting to add it (so I use a different generator for home games with UA). However, if Forged (and not just a user) says that AL-legal material (that hasn't yet been published) will not be added either, then I may as well stop using it completely and stop following this thread.

Conandar

Explorer
AL material is a sub-set of the official rules. There are limits in place for AL to ensure things run (more) smoothly.

Threatening to use another tool because it supports unofficial material is juvenile at best. If you want to use another tool, nobody is stopping you, and it won't hurt ForgedAnvil's feelings at all.

Remove ads