D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Bob Archer

First Post
Your statement is correct. What forged has done was place just Illusion and Enchantment spells in the drop down selection for each level on the spellcasting tab. To get the third spell that you want, just type it in an empty line. The spell will still show up on CS III.

Cool. Got it to work. Thanks.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Excel 2013 (15.0.4937.1000)
ForgedAnvil Character Generator 2.24
Moon Druid 6
Variant Human, DEX+1 and WIS+1
Feats: Magic Initiate (Wizard, Human), Resilient (Constitution, Druid 4)
Saving throw proficiencies: Wisdom, Intelligence, Constitution (Resilient)
Proficiency bonus: 3
STR 8
DEX 16 (15+1 Human)
CON 14 (13+1 Resilient)
INT 10
WIS 16 (15+1 Human)
CHA 10

Wild Shape - Cave/Polar Bear (MM334)
STR 20 (+5)
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 10 (+0)

Saving Throws (stat + PB):
STR +5 (5+0=5)
DEX +0 (0+0=0)
CON +5 (3+3=6)
INT +2 (0+3=3)
WIS +5 (3+3=6)
CHA +0 (0+0=0)

Proficiency bonus is +3 on Character Sheet I but is 2 on Wild Shape page. Physical skills and hit bonuses of beast form also affected (Athletics +7, bite +7 instead of +8). Seems to affect all beast forms.

Originally I used the importer with an older version of the character so I tested with a new sheet and it shows the same problem.

Don't believe the wild shape form uses your proficiency bonus, you get to keep your skill and saving throw proficiencies in addition to the creatures. You also keep your Wis, Int and Cha scores but use the creatures Str, Con, Dex.

Having said that you can override the proficiency bonus with yours by typing =ProfBonus in the wild shape override.

jhansonxi

First Post
Don't believe the wild shape form uses your proficiency bonus, you get to keep your skill and saving throw proficiencies in addition to the creatures. You also keep your Wis, Int and Cha scores but use the creatures Str, Con, Dex.

Having said that you can override the proficiency bonus with yours by typing =ProfBonus in the wild shape override.

Crawford says use whichever is higher.

Edit: Even if that were true for beast actions, it's still wrong for Athletics (and other physical skills) which the character is proficient in and the beast is not.

Last edited:

jhansonxi

First Post
Other post seems to have disappeared so I'll repost.

Excel 2013 (15.0.4937.1000)
ForgedAnvil Character Generator 2.24

Wild Shape: Giant Constrictor Snake is missing blindsight.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Crawford says use whichever is higher.

Edit: Even if that were true for beast actions, it's still wrong for Athletics (and other physical skills) which the character is proficient in and the beast is not.

Proficiency and proficiency bonus are different. In the case of creatures the proficiency bonus it is based on the CR of the creature (e.g. CR 0 to 4 have a proficiency bonus of 2)

How the tool does the calculation: Let's say your proficient with Athletics and the wild shape CR4 beast is not (example an Elephant). The beast gains proficiency (because you have proficiency), so the tool uses the beasts strength modifier + it's proficiency bonus. So for a Druid that wild shapes into an Elephant, it is a CR4 beast and it's proficiency bonus is +2, the tool adds it's strength modifier of +6 which is +8 for the Athletics skill in total. On the other hand a Bat is CR0 with a strength modifier of -4, so it would calculate it as -2 for the Athletics skill.

Having said this, you can basically overrides all values and play wild shape as you like... I interpret wild shape as above, anything physical is limited or gained by the wild shape form.

ignuspyre

First Post
Background Information

So the only big issue I'm having (I used an older version but for some reason the Wild Shape choosing drop-downs are gone) is that if someone (like me) wants to do as the PHB suggests and not be shoehorned in to exactly the Ideals/Bonds/Personality Traits/etc for a given Background, the sheet won't let you type in your own (as the older version did) - event thought IT SAYS Select or Type Your Own. That's kind of difficult to work with as I rarely stay completely within a given Background. And since it's locked/protected and we have a "DON'T ASK" for unlocking or whatever, is there a way around it that I'm missing?

Otherwise it's a great generator and I love using it, so thank you for making it!

-nevermind. I guess I'll just use a custom background with what I want specifically in there. oh well.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
So the only big issue I'm having (I used an older version but for some reason the Wild Shape choosing drop-downs are gone) is that if someone (like me) wants to do as the PHB suggests and not be shoehorned in to exactly the Ideals/Bonds/Personality Traits/etc for a given Background, the sheet won't let you type in your own (as the older version did) - event thought IT SAYS Select or Type Your Own. That's kind of difficult to work with as I rarely stay completely within a given Background. And since it's locked/protected and we have a "DON'T ASK" for unlocking or whatever, is there a way around it that I'm missing?

Otherwise it's a great generator and I love using it, so thank you for making it!

-nevermind. I guess I'll just use a custom background with what I want specifically in there. oh well.

Even though the Start page is protected, you can still edit the background information. Just start typing after the area you want to change is selected. Most, if not all, areas with dropdowns are merely guides and are user modifiable.

custom.jpg

ignuspyre

First Post
I understand that's how it should work but it would give me an error when I was done typing and tried to move on. So I ended up building a custom background instead.

Remove ads