• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I understand that's how it should work but it would give me an error when I was done typing and tried to move on. So I ended up building a custom background instead.

On a hunch, after downloading the generator, did you remove the block that is placed on Excel files downloaded from the internet? I could see that block causing these problems that you are having.

blslaten

First Post
Greetings! I love the tool thank you. Could I get help with this entry in a custom race Trait Description. In particular the calculations. I have tried several permutations without success.

Golden Healing. The gold elf can heal other living creatures by touching them and concentrating (they cannot help but glow when using this ability). You can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to your character level × your Charisma bonus (="CharacterLevel*CHAMod"). You may spend an action to heal one creature you touch for any amount up to your Charisma bonus (="CHAMod"). Plants are healed for twice as much as other creatures. If you fully expend all your golden healing, you take one level of exhaustion. Your healing pool refreshes after each long rest.

SansMoins

Explorer
Greetings! I love the tool thank you. Could I get help with this entry in a custom race Trait Description. In particular the calculations. I have tried several permutations without success.

Golden Healing. The gold elf can heal other living creatures by touching them and concentrating (they cannot help but glow when using this ability). You can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to your character level × your Charisma bonus (="CharacterLevel*CHAMod"). You may spend an action to heal one creature you touch for any amount up to your Charisma bonus (="CHAMod"). Plants are healed for twice as much as other creatures. If you fully expend all your golden healing, you take one level of exhaustion. Your healing pool refreshes after each long rest.

If you trying what think you are, you will need to use the CONCATENATE function.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Try This

="Golden Healing. The gold elf can heal other living creatures by touching them and concentrating (they cannot help but glow when using this ability)." & " You can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to your character level × your Charisma bonus (" & CharacterLevel*CHAMod & "). You may spend an action to heal one creature you touch for any amount up to your Charisma bonus (" & CHAMod & "). Plants are healed for twice as much as other creatures. " & "If you fully expend all your golden healing, you take one level of exhaustion. Your healing pool refreshes after each long rest."

The reason for the random " & " is that excel limits the character count between ampersands so they have to be sprinkled in every so often. Otherwise, it works the same as concatenate but with a cleaner look.

blslaten

First Post
Try This

="Golden Healing. The gold elf can heal other living creatures by touching them and concentrating (they cannot help but glow when using this ability)." & " You can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to your character level × your Charisma bonus (" & CharacterLevel*CHAMod & "). You may spend an action to heal one creature you touch for any amount up to your Charisma bonus (" & CHAMod & "). Plants are healed for twice as much as other creatures. " & "If you fully expend all your golden healing, you take one level of exhaustion. Your healing pool refreshes after each long rest."

The reason for the random " & " is that excel limits the character count between ampersands so they have to be sprinkled in every so often. Otherwise, it works the same as concatenate but with a cleaner look.

That worked, thank you.

rarkk

First Post
This project has been running for quite sometime, and we all agree the tool has evolved significantly from it's early days as the first automated Excel character generator for 5e.

It's time. Time to have other creators work on this for the love of the game and for the fun of it!

I'm calling on other creators with Excel skills to join the adventure to improve and expand the tool and see where it goes...

There are plenty of things to complete, things that I haven't had the time to get done but always planned and ideas that have yet to be thought of.

PM me if you're interested to join in and help. This can be working on new features or just testing and checking things work as they should.

As always, have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

hello,
it wont let me do a pm
so i will post that i am interested here

Dekker500

Villager
Dropped Backpack

Probably the best way to do this is to create a line in your Equipment list called Dropped Backpack, assign a qty of 0. Then in the weight override type

PHP:
=SUMIF(BU14:CP150,"Backpack",CR14:DA150)

When the backpack is dropped, change the qty value to -1 (representing a dropped backpack) and done.

Unfortunately you cannot do this in the current v1.63, you'll need to wait for v1.64!

OK, the quote is a bit old, but the most relevant I could find... Using the most recent version (2.24) I figured out how to get the sheet to calculate the weight of a dropped backpack (set Dropped Backpack quantity to "1" and it adds negative weight of sum of "backpack" items in list). All nice and slick... BUT, it only works when you are working with a live on-line sheet, and is not usable if you are printing and using pen-and-paper during your gaming sessions.

Is there some way to calculate and display the weight of the loaded backpack, even if it is not yet dropped? That would allow pen-and-paper users who print their char to just do a manual calculation...

OK, the quote is a bit old, but the most relevant I could find... Using the most recent version (2.24) I figured out how to get the sheet to calculate the weight of a dropped backpack (set Dropped Backpack quantity to "1" and it adds negative weight of sum of "backpack" items in list). All nice and slick... BUT, it only works when you are working with a live on-line sheet, and is not usable if you are printing and using pen-and-paper during your gaming sessions.

Is there some way to calculate and display the weight of the loaded backpack, even if it is not yet dropped? That would allow pen-and-paper users who print their char to just do a manual calculation...

A cell on the items sheet that just displays backpack weight isn't a bad idea as a permanent implementation.

futrtrubl

Explorer
Bug report
If the Tiefling variant Devil's Tongue is chosen it does not correctly replace Darkness with Enthral. It replaces thaumaturgy and hellish rebuke correctly though.

Feat(ure) Request ;']
Custom feats.

Remove ads