• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I love this sheet!
Any idea when or if the new rules and information from Xanathar's Guide to Everything will be added to this?

Xanathar's Guide to Everything will not be released until mid-late November, and I do not believe that ForgedAnvil has access to it any sooner than the rest of us. The content is official WOTC material and will be added to this program - eventually. After it is released, there will be a lot of data entry and bug fixes before the new content is ready. After the release of XGtE, it will be up to FA and volunteers to get all that data ready.

smbakeresq

Explorer
Once again thanks for your efforts. 2 questions

1. Is there an override for AC somewhere?

2. For the adventure summary pages, the xp I put there adds up correctly but doesn’t populate to sheet 1.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Shane Thrapp

First Post
Xanathar's Guide to Everything will not be released until mid-late November, and I do not believe that ForgedAnvil has access to it any sooner than the rest of us. The content is official WOTC material and will be added to this program - eventually. After it is released, there will be a lot of data entry and bug fixes before the new content is ready. After the release of XGtE, it will be up to FA and volunteers to get all that data ready.

Thanks, I figured it would be after the XGtE came out, just was checking to see if it WOULD be integrated. Thanks for the update!

Conandar

Explorer
1. Is there an override for AC somewhere?
test1.jpg

2. For the adventure summary pages, the xp I put there adds up correctly but doesn’t populate to sheet 1.

In the space on the Start page for the XP value enter =AdventurersLogXP in place of the XP value. That will make it use the value from the log sheet.
test2.jpg

FinnPenn

First Post
This is some of the finest work I've seen. Absolutely brilliant.

There is one small issue I'd like to bring up, though. It seems that the Rename for the second (and maybe third) subclass is not working. So if I were a storm sorcerer / archfey warlock, I could not rename the patron to fiend because the character was fooled into believing he was making a pact with a devil or something like that. SO the subclass shows up as Storm / Archfey, when it should be Storm / Fiend due to the rename. And it's not just in the CharacterSubClass and CharacterSpellcastingSubClass variables, but also in the CharacterRaceBackgroundClassFeatDetails variable too (in the Warlock section where the patron is in parentheses).

Thanks for help! I'm definitely chipping in a beer!

Tozjia

First Post
I am probably just missing something simple. I have a character that has Bracers of Defense, so adding it to the other armor was easy. I was trying to see how to add a cloak of protection, and the 2nd Other Armor area doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?

Conandar

Explorer
I am probably just missing something simple. I have a character that has Bracers of Defense, so adding it to the other armor was easy. I was trying to see how to add a cloak of protection, and the 2nd Other Armor area doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?

No magic items, other than basic armor and weapons (via the Start page), are directly supported. For other magic items, you will have to use the appropriate override field, and if you have two different magic items that affect the same area you will need to sum them up and put the total in the override field. Bracers of Defense gives a +2 to AC, and Cloak of Protection gives +1 to AC and +1 to all saving throws, so your total override for AC will be +3. You can enter 3 directly, use the dropdown, or use a formula as I did - they all work the same.

help1.jpg

Tozjia

First Post
No magic items, other than basic armor and weapons (via the Start page), are directly supported. For other magic items, you will have to use the appropriate override field, and if you have two different magic items that affect the same area you will need to sum them up and put the total in the override field. Bracers of Defense gives a +2 to AC, and Cloak of Protection gives +1 to AC and +1 to all saving throws, so your total override for AC will be +3. You can enter 3 directly, use the dropdown, or use a formula as I did - they all work the same.

That is what I thought, but saw the other "Other Armor" (under shield) field adjacent to the one I was using, was wondering if it could be accessed.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads