• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Rocker561

First Post
How do I set the sheet to display the sanity score? When I try to type it in it will show ## because the font is too big and I can't change it without excel crashing

Conandar

Explorer
How do I set the sheet to display the sanity score? When I try to type it in it will show ## because the font is too big and I can't change it without excel crashing

Honor and Sanity are both set on the Start sheet in Box 1, and they are both displayed on Character Sheet 4 under the portrait. Both values can be selected with a dropdown, if desired, but be careful typing here as I believe only integer values are expected.

Conandar

Explorer
Ok, I didn’t know the formula thing would work. Thanks again

Because this character sheet / generator is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, it follows the same rules as any other Excel spreadsheet. Though certain limitations can be imposed, such as requiring only integers, any place you can enter data will allow a formula instead. Even Character Sheet V, which I normally use just for text, will allow formulas, and thus using certain characters like the equal sign (=) at the start of a line requires special handling (starting the line with a single quote, which will not actually be visible but indicates that what follows is text). I am far from being the spreadsheet expert that others here are (FA!), so my explanation may well be less than the whole story.

futrtrubl

Explorer
This is some of the finest work I've seen. Absolutely brilliant.

There is one small issue I'd like to bring up, though. It seems that the Rename for the second (and maybe third) subclass is not working. So if I were a storm sorcerer / archfey warlock, I could not rename the patron to fiend because the character was fooled into believing he was making a pact with a devil or something like that. SO the subclass shows up as Storm / Archfey, when it should be Storm / Fiend due to the rename. And it's not just in the CharacterSubClass and CharacterSpellcastingSubClass variables, but also in the CharacterRaceBackgroundClassFeatDetails variable too (in the Warlock section where the patron is in parentheses).

Thanks for help! I'm definitely chipping in a beer!
Don't have access to a computer right now but can you try with a definitely unique custom name? That there is already a Fiend patron may be mucking things up.

zionres

First Post
Hi All! A happy update is ahead for the font/scaling issue!

After all those fixes, I was resigned to the fact that this one computer was just going to have issues. Yesterday, the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update was installed and miraculously the sheet works fine again!

I'm not sure why, I'm just not quite that good with software, but it works. So in case anyone comes across this board with the same problem, it's Windows related. Not Excel or ForgedAnvil's fault. Update Windows, and it will probably work again. Or reinstall if you prefer that.

Thank you all for your time and help!

Jeff Moulton

First Post
Spellcasting page not working.

Running Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra), with Excel for Mac 2011 14.7.1.

I don't know when it quit working, but choosing a spell either in the spell lists or in the spell look up doesn't result in a change anywhere else. I last looked up Thaumaturgy, but now when I'm looking up any other spell, the description for Thaumaturgy stays put. Changing a spell in my spell list does not change the list of spells on either the Character Summary Page or on Character Sheet III.

Any thoughts?

Jeff Moulton

First Post
And never mind. Probably should delete the post, but I'll leave it up as a remembrance to my own ignorance.

Somehow I managed to change the calculation settings to manual. No idea how I did that. Changed it to automatic, and now everything works the right way again.

Conandar

Explorer
I don't know about MacOS as I haven't used a Mac since MacOS 8 (when Macs were still using 68k/PowerPC chips), but it kind of sounds like the Microsoft Office protection against files downloaded from the internet might be at work here. If it isn't that, I have nothing - sorry.

FinnPenn

First Post
Don't have access to a computer right now but can you try with a definitely unique custom name? That there is already a Fiend patron may be mucking things up.

I did test with just the word "Test" and it did not work for the Warlock's subclass. If I did "Test" for the first subclass, that worked fine.

Remove ads