• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

SirKnightBJ

First Post
Boy this is a major bummer that WoTC went after FA. I wonder if it has anything to do with D&D Beyond's character builder... This is a far superior tool, and has amplified my ability to enjoy and understand 5th edition. Thanks FA!

My Account

First Post
Any Chance some one can send me the latest ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator B-)

Boy this is a major bummer that WoTC went after FA. I wonder if it has anything to do with D&D Beyond's character builder... This is a far superior tool, and has amplified my ability to enjoy and understand 5th edition. Thanks FA!

If anyone have last version - pls, can you send it to me? Thanks anyway

See below.

Try this one...
[sblock]"getlink56+enw" at gmail dot com[/sblock]

Dan Bonser

First Post
Forge has a personal life outside of this community. He works on the CS in his free time and only asks for donation for beer. I know Forge is still working on the CS, as I continue to find bugs and reporting to him (with him replying that they have been fixed).

To strip the CS down to the basic information would take time and testing of the CS. Additionally, it will take time and testing to create separate downloadable files to update this basic sheet. I am not sure if Forge wants to continue to update the CS following the completion of v2.28. He will have to make that decision.

There have been a host of other ideas in continuing the production of this CS. In the end it will be Forge's decision.

It would take time, but the alternative is this sheet goes away. As it is, the last version we have is incomplete with Xanathar's Guide. There is another book coming out in a couple of months. If the sheet was changed to accept files instead of it all being built in, other people could make their own files, homebrew content, as well as future books. I would rather have a system I can still use in 2 months, as of now, when/if new classes get added, there is no way to add that content. And, if it is released without the content, we can still download it and use it. As it is now, the sheet is gone completely. To change it, it would be one last push and we could use it again, infinitely.

So yeah, more work to save it versus no work and all the work Forge did goes away.

epithet

Explorer
It would take time, but the alternative is this sheet goes away. As it is, the last version we have is incomplete with Xanathar's Guide. There is another book coming out in a couple of months. If the sheet was changed to accept files instead of it all being built in, other people could make their own files, homebrew content, as well as future books. I would rather have a system I can still use in 2 months, as of now, when/if new classes get added, there is no way to add that content. And, if it is released without the content, we can still download it and use it. As it is now, the sheet is gone completely. To change it, it would be one last push and we could use it again, infinitely.

So yeah, more work to save it versus no work and all the work Forge did goes away.

No, I don't see the alternative as being that the character sheet "goes away." The alternative is that FA continues to develop his amazing character tool and we distribute and share it amongst ourselves without the convenience of a download link in the ENWorld files section. Whether we share it by email, by torrent, or via google drive, this is Forged Anvil's creation and I'm not really interested in having "too many cooks" messing with it.

ZaphodM2

First Post
A minor typo in the spell Erupting Earth

A minor typo in the spell Erupting Earth. (Found on sheet v 2.27 in spell descriptions)

In the “At Higher Levels” section it ends with “for each slot level above 2nd.”

It it should be “level above 3rd.”

still using and still looking to improve a most wonderful tool.
Thank you Forge for all your hard work.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
When reporting errors, it always helps to say which version of the CS you are working with. That spell appears to be a XGtE addition, so this feedback is probably for a 2.28 beta. Thank you for the feedback, and I can confirm that the "2nd" should be "3rd".

I have managed to add Forge and Grave domain Clerics and I'm mostly done with Arcane Archer Fighter on my own customized copy of v2.27 and I feel like I owe FA loads of beer money just for Excel lessons! :-S
I am, IMHO, very good with MS Excel (or at least I used to think so) but the elegance behind some of this package is sublime and the work that went into it was immense.

I am desperately looking forward to helping test v2.28 with XGtE included (should that opportunity present itself).

kevace

First Post
I only got into DnD a year ago with a group mostly made up of complete noobs. We'd have been hopelessly lost without FA's tools. Thanks for everything!

Remove ads