• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
The only talent from Xanthar's that I was interested in was "Prodigy".

I can manually edit that into the old sheet I have (2.27) by adding proficiency with a tool and language and ignoring the red warning message. But what I can't do is find a way to mimic the "expertise" in a skill (ie: doubling a proficiency) once my party hits level 9 and our proficiency bonus becomes +4. We're going to hit level 9 in a few weeks.

For the Skill, near the bottom of the Skills area on the Start page, enter 1 in the Feat? area. The number of expected Skills will go up by 1.

For the Language, find the Training area in the language area and enter a 1 there, and just like with the skills area, your number of language will go up by 1.

For expertise the solution is a bit messier. Again on the Start page, find the Rogue Expertise area. I would use the 4th pair of options here and, even though they are grey, go ahead and select the skill you want expertise in. Even though the item you just changed is still grey, it will do the job expected. Now, if you are playing a high level Bard/Rogue with eight expertise already, I don't know what to do, but as long as there are selection there that are grey (unused by a class), you should be good.

If you got this feat the normal way, you then just have to leave the ASI/Feat selection unselected and remember why it is left blank. FA probably has a better solution, but I haven't heard from him for a while.

new/beta version of this?

Hi, was just wondering if it's possible to get the new/beta version of this with the Xana things included?

Alternatively, if there is a good guide on how to create a custom origin and patron for Sorcerer and Warlock class (Making a Divine Soul/Hexblade char) in the version I currently use? (2.27)

Thanks! :)

Conandar

Explorer
For both classes, here is what I use on the Custom page. The information is exact (minus any typos), not the compressed version that will be in the character generator when 2.28 is finished, and there may be things that can not be handled by the current Custom Page options. Those, if present, are probably handled with overrides elsewhere. I am not including the invocations for a hexblade as those should be easy enough to figure out and all I put for a description was a book and page reference.

Class: Sorcerer
Name: Divine Soul
Level Gains 1: Divine Magic
Your link to the divine allows you to learn spells from the cleric class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you learn or replace a sorcerer cantrip or a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can choose the new spell from the cleric spell list or the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting for selecting the spell, and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you.
In addition, choose an affinity for the source of your divine power: good, evil, law, chaos, or neutrality. You learn an additional spell based on that affinity, as shown below. It is a sorcerer spell for you, but doesn't count against your number of sorcerer spells known. If you later replace this spell, you must replace it with a spell from the cleric spell list.
Affinity Spell
Good cure wounds
Evil inflict wounds
Law bless
Chaos bane
Neutrality protection from evil and good
Favored by the Gods
Starting at 1st level, divine power guards your destinty. If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Obce you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Level Gains 6: Empowered Healing
Starting at 6th level, the divine energy coursing through you can empower healing spells. Whenever you or an ally within 5 feet of you rolls dece to determine the number of hit points a spell restores, you can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll any number of those dice once, provided you aren't incapacitated. You can use this feature only once per turn.
Level Gains 14: Otherworldly Wings
Starting at 14th level, you can use a bonus action to manifest a pair of spectral wings from your back. While the wings are present, you have a flying speed of 30 feet. The wings last until you're incapacitated, you die, or you dismiss them as a bonus action.
The affinity you chose for your Divine Magic feature determines the appearance of the spectral wings: eagle wings for good or law, bat wings for evil or chaos, and dragonfly wings for neutrality.
Level Gains 18: Unearthly Recovery
At 18th level, you gain the ability to overcome grievous injuries. As a bonus action when you have fewer than half of your hit points remaining, you can regain a number of hit points equal to half your hit point maximum.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
Fly:14 30

Class: Warlock
Name: Hexblade
Level Gains 1: Hexblade's Curse
Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:
* You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
* Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a 19 or 20 on the d20.
* If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).
You can't use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.
Hex Warrior
At 1st level, you acquire the training necessary to effectively arm yourself for battle. You gain proficiency with medium armor, shields, and martial weapons.
The influence of your patron also allows you to mystically channel your will through a particular weapon. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one weapon that you are proficient with and lacks the two-handed property. When you attack with that weapon, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls. This benefit last until you finish a long rest. If you later gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no matter the weapon's type.
Level Gains 6: Accursed Specter
Starting at 6th level, you can curse the soul of a person you slay, temporaly binding it to your service. When you slay a humanoid, you can cause its spirit to rise from its corpse as a specter, the statistics for which are in the Monster Manual. When the specter appears, it gains temporary hit points equal to half your warlock level. It obeys your verbal commands, and gains a special bonus to its attack rolls equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of +0).
The specter remains in your service until the end of your next long rest, at which point it vanishes to the afterlife.
Once you bind a specter with this feature, you can't use the feature again until you finish a long rest.
Level Gains 10: Armor of Hexes
At 10th level, your hex grows more powerful. If the target cursed by your Hexblade's Curse hits you with an attack roll, you can use your reaction to roll a d6. On a 4 or higher, the attack instead misses you, regardless of its roll.
Level Gains 14: Master of Hexes
Starting at 14th level, you can spread your Hexblade's Curse from a slain creature to another creature. When the creature cursed by your Hexblade's Curse dies, you can apply the curse to a different creature you can see within 30 feet of you, provided you aren't incapacitated. When you apply the curse in this way, you don't regain hit points from the death of the previously cursed creature.
Armor Proficiency 1: 1 Medium
Armor Proficiency 2: 1 Shields
Weapon Proficiency 1: 1 All Martial
Active Features 1: 1 Hexblade's Curse Bonus Action 1 minute Rest 1
Ability Features 1: 1 Use CHA for atk/dmg rolls w. selected wpn
Ability Features 2: 1 ="Hexblade's Curse: gain +"&ProfBonus&" to dmg on curse tgt"
Ability Features 3: 1 Hexblade's Curse: crit hit on 19 or 20 w. d20
Ability Features 4: 1 ="Hexblade's Curse: if tgt dies, gain +"&IF(WarlockLevel=0,0,WarlockLevel+CHAMod)&" HP"
Expanded Spells
1st 1 Shield Wrathful Smite
2nd 3 Blur Branding Smite
3rd 5 Blink Elemental Weapon
4th 7 Phantasmal Killer Staggering Smite
5th 9 Banishing Smite Cone of Cold

Now, if you are playing a high level Bard/Rogue with eight expertise already, I don't know what to do, but as long as there are selection there that are grey (unused by a class), you should be good.

Unprotect CSI, click the skill you want expertise in, press F2 on your keyboard and then type "+profbonus" without the quotations. Push enter.

For both classes, here is what I use on the Custom page. The information is exact (minus any typos), not the compressed version that will be in the character generator when 2.28 is finished, and there may be things that can not be handled by the current Custom Page options. Those, if present, are probably handled with overrides elsewhere. I am not including the invocations for a hexblade as those should be easy enough to figure out and all I put for a description was a book and page reference.

Thank you for posting this! Figured out how to get it in :)

Last edited:

peon

First Post
For the Skill, near the bottom of the Skills area on the Start page, enter 1 in the Feat? area. The number of expected Skills will go up by 1.

For the Language, find the Training area in the language area and enter a 1 there, and just like with the skills area, your number of language will go up by 1.

For expertise the solution is a bit messier. Again on the Start page, find the Rogue Expertise area. I would use the 4th pair of options here and, even though they are grey, go ahead and select the skill you want expertise in. Even though the item you just changed is still grey, it will do the job expected. Now, if you are playing a high level Bard/Rogue with eight expertise already, I don't know what to do, but as long as there are selection there that are grey (unused by a class), you should be good.

That all worked brilliantly, thanks. :D

One other thing I've had to manually edit to make work are attuned magic items. I got some Gauntlets of Ogre Strength and was able to turn my 16 Strength into 19 by adding a +3 "Magic Modifier" to the stats at the top of the Start Page. But that's not a very elegant solution, and won't work if I get a Belt of Giant Strength or any similar more powerful item. Is there something I'm missing?

That all worked brilliantly, thanks. :D

One other thing I've had to manually edit to make work are attuned magic items. I got some Gauntlets of Ogre Strength and was able to turn my 16 Strength into 19 by adding a +3 "Magic Modifier" to the stats at the top of the Start Page. But that's not a very elegant solution, and won't work if I get a Belt of Giant Strength or any similar more powerful item. Is there something I'm missing?

Insert the following formula into the Magic modifier box for Strength:
=19-SUM(T18:AO18,H18)

Remove ads