Forked Thread: Proposal: Retraining for New Material

renau1g

First Post
I know when I got mine approved, the judges told me their thoughts on the treasure, the xp for time, etc.

Thanks Cov and Gary!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think the retirement option for changing classes could work, but the sticking point for most people is probably the feeling that "it's not the same character" that comes out of it, which is true in a sense.

I, too, am hesitant to just bundle class changes in with the overhaul. Like Cov said, I see it as something rare and exceptional that a player actually wants to change the class of their character to align better with their concept. The rest of it I'm fine with.

If we're going to encourage the "retire and rewrite" method of changing classes, JNC is right - we should make note of that somewhere in the charter, or change the wording on retirement a bit to make it clearer.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
If the judges don't mind people using retirement as a way to keep the same character concept while radically changing the character's mechanics, then I don't mind striking class from the list of things the overhaul can change.

renau1g

First Post
Agreed. If I can keep Murphy in Jan 2010, for all intents and purposes, but re-submit a new and improved Murphy, then I'm good with removing class as well.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Perhaps we could call the "retire and rewrite" method a "reimagining" or something, rather than retirement. Retirement, to me, sounds like you're not coming back ;)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Reimagining" is good. I would refer to it as "retire or reimagine", though - it's also still fine to retire a character in order to make a brand new one, we don't want to make the charter seem to forbid that now.

covaithe

Explorer
Rejiggering the retirement mechanism is good, but in the shorter term:

I propose that we change the one-time overhaul to allow ability score changes as well.

That will cover what Drivan wants to do, and I think it should be pretty uncontroversial, yes?

Remove ads