• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Former WotC Customers, would resuming pdf sales bring you back?

If it was the only change WotC made, would resuming pdf sales bring you back?

• Yes

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 60.3%

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Said yes, because I'd slowly pick up some old classic adventures I missed out on and probably some 3.X books, too, but I think it would be pretty slow. I'm really most interested in the stuff coming out now, largely the Paizo/Pathfinder stuff.

Korgoth

First Post
I voted "Yes". I'd buy something just to reward them (a hardcopy something... dungeon tiles maybe; of course I'd buy PDFs too).

Treebore

First Post
Yes, it would bring me back to buying PDF's for old school PDF's, but I am simply not interested in 4E, nothing can bring me to buy something I do not like in the first place. I have my 4E PH for game days, and that is all I need, and will ever buy, outside of the tiles.

Frost

First Post
Yep, I'm the same with Treebore. It would bring me back in the sense that I would buy some of their products (the old edition PDFs). However, it wouldn't make me switch to 4e because I'm not interested in that edition. I think PDF sales could be a win-win for them (at least 2e and earlier; 3e materials might be too close to their competitor, Paizo and, ironically, could be seen as support for the a competing system, i.e., Pathfinder).

'Arry

First Post
I voted no. Even if WotC started selling pdfs again I'd rather pick up the old stuff that I still haven't got in hardcopy from e-bay etc. Speaking purely personally, I don't like the way WotC does business now and I would rather not give them any of my money.

Wombat

First Post
If I don't care for the new product, what would the formatting of that product matter?

While I feel that the dropping of pdfs was a mistake on Hasbro's part, mainly because electronic versions of books are becoming so common, so mainstream, the notion that I am not playing 4e simply because they do not have an electronic version of the game books is rather silly and limited.

It's like this: I far preferred the 2nd ed of RuneQuest to the 3rd; I far preferred the 4th edition of Ars Magica to the 3rd; I far preferred the 2nd edition of Paranoia to the 1st; I far preferred 3.whatever edition of D&D to 4e. These are tastes in how a game runs, the mechanics under the hood. Sometimes the changes are small, sometimes larger, but I play (or don't play) a game because of a combination of core mechanics and group dynamics, not the physical form of the rules.

So, no, return of pdfs, while it would be very good for people who currently play and enjoy 4e, would not bring me back.

roguerouge

First Post
I voted yes, because I would totally buy their first edition modules in pdf format.

Or did you mean 4e only? 'Cause I wouldn't buy 4e in pdf format.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I voted yes, because I would totally buy their first edition modules in pdf format.

Or did you mean 4e only? 'Cause I wouldn't buy 4e in pdf format.

Any WotC product.:) If your'e still buying the occasional WotC product then it's not applicable. But, if like me, you stopped buying any WotC products (for whatever reason), would you start buying their products again? Any of their products?:cool:

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads