• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Formulas for D&D

dcollins

Explorer
thol said:
Are there any formulas for the Spell Charts? They seem pretty wacky, especially the Sorcerer Spells Known table.

Actually, it looks regular enough to create a formula, not that I've done that to date. Admittedly if I were doing a computer version I'd just input the whole table as-is.

dvvega

Explorer
I once worked out the spell chart formulas. Lost them in the great hard drive crash of 2003.

It isn't a big deal working it out again.

D

Ballard_Alvar

First Post
thol said:
Are there any formulas for the Spell Charts? They seem pretty wacky, especially the Sorcerer Spells Known table.

8+2/level for spells know, spells per day there doesn't seem to be a set formula that i can readaly determine. if you wonder what is the max level spell for a wizard, divide wizards level by 2, add 1, rd down. so a 9th level wizard can cast 5th level spells. for sorcs. subtract 1 then divide by 2 then add 1 per sorcs are always 1 behind the wiz. (Sorclvl-1)/2+1=(Max spll lvl able to cast), (Wizlvl)/2+1=(Max spll lvl able to cast) conversley (Target Spl lvl-1)*2=(Wiz lvl able to cast) etc. Was that coherant?

styopa

Explorer
The trick is to rounddown((stat)/2) and THEN subtract 5. I know, necro thread but people are building these for 5e now and it might be useful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads