• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fort Smith, AR] Looking for Players in the River Valley

LonePaladin

Explorer
I moved to the NW Arkansas area about six months ago, leaving my old gaming group behind. We tried running something online, but it just didn't work out. Now that things are settling into place here, it's time for me to assemble a new gaming group.

I plan on hosting Game Night at my place, a modest apartment on the far south end of Fort Smith. It's nice and quiet, with a couple conveniences within walking distance. We're downstairs, so that makes us wheelchair-accessible. My 2-year-old son's needs will take priority, so that means no late-night gaming — we'll have to start comparatively early so that I can put him to bed at a reasonable hour. (I'm not talking like 7 pm here, but it means we can't stay up 'til 2 am. Not unless we're real quiet.)

My wife may be joining us at the table. She's as good a gamer as any I've seen, but she doesn't play very often.

I don't plan on sticking with any one game. I have access to a variety of rulesets — Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Rolemaster and Spacemaster, Star Wars (both Edge of the Empire and the d20 version), various editions of D&D, d20 Modern, even a handful of Fate systems. I also have quite a few board and card games — things like Three-Dragon Ante or Timeline. We also have a huge collection of movies and a few PS3 games that cater to groups. (I'd have to get more controllers for that last option.)

The idea is that Game Night shouldn't be restricted to just one RPG. It's okay if that's how it turns out, but experience tells me that gaming groups form better friendships if they're willing to do more than just the one thing together.

I'm hoping to find at least 3 people to join us on a regular basis — weekly, at least. All you have to do is reply to this thread, I'll get notified immediately.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads