• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Founding of a Guild (4e)

Atanatotatos

First Post
I am Sylas. "Sylas of the twin blades", you might have heard., the elf says with a ironic smile As you see, my friend Bomos recovered your horses... and I see there's a wounded one over there. I am not a healer, but, if you follow us to our village, only a couple of miles beyond this hill, I'm sure we will be able to offer you treatment, a warm meal, and beds for the night. Five healthy horses will be enough to carry us eight

[sblock=geogator]Sylas seems definitely well-intentioned, and a very decent man to you [/sblock]

[sblock=history 20] "Sylas of the twin blades" is the name a local hero is known by. He reportedly saved a village that should be located more or less in the area you are at the moment by a small invasion of orcs. He was famous for wielding two scimitars with great prowess. [/sblock]

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Desh flashes his toothy grin and removes his helm, taking a moment to shake the sweat from his frills. "Well met Sylas. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I'm inclined to take you up on your offer. Its like the warrant oficios used to say, never turn down the chance to sleep in a warm bed or fill your stomach with food; you never know when you'll be able to do that again."

SarahRequiem

First Post
Meriadeth walks up to Sylas and smiles.

"You are THE Sylas of the twin blade? I've heard stories about you. In any case, it would be an honor for me to join you for the night. I mean for dinner. y'know... "

She shows a shy smile and blushes at her bad choice of words.

"Anyway, thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I'm sure everyone here feel the same"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yeas, I have been quite famous for a short time in this area. Though I obviously don't deserve such notoriety... anymore. Answers Sylas to Meriadeth. Now, if you'll gather your belongings, the heaviest of you can ride on a horse, while the others will ride in pairs. If you'll do me the honour, lady, you may ride behind me Adds Sylas, offering his hand to Meradeth to hel her mount.

Is_907

First Post
"I'm more than ready for a nice relaxing meal and a place to stay for the night."
Elias smiles, genuinely, and relaxes his stance.
He hops onto the nearest horse and signals to Isdar to join him. "My tail won't get in the way... Don't worry."

Last edited:

geogator

First Post
The heavy old lizard props himself up on his staff and looks at the horses then tests his leg in a showy manner. " Well met sir! I don't believe these old bones would let me ride so much. However, if someone would take the lead rope of my beast of burden I can figure out how to hang on with due diligence." He offers a gentle smile with his plea for pity.

Redclaw

First Post
Isdar, remaining quiet for the moment, collects his belongings and gathers a horse. He keeps a wary eye on their benefactor, suspicious of his timely arrival and famous name. It's just a little too convenient, all the way around, he thinks to himself. I'll just keep a close eye on things, and be ready if it proves as off as I fear.

[sblock=ooc] Insight check, 24 [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"Thank you for your offer of aid, Sylas," replies Oak. "Perhaps later we can discuss your previous exploits. Maybe I can pick up a trick or two," the warforged adds as it gestures towards towards its longswords.

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=Isdar] you don't really notice anything that betrays bad intentions. However, Sylas does look a bit nervous, and he keeps looking at you and your equipment with a certain interest, like he's measuring you [/sblock]

After having helped Meriadeth mounting his horse, Sylas answers kindly Oak: Surely I will give you some advice if you want, friend. Though you see having a demonstration might be... difficult

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a brief ride, you are welcomed in Sombar, a small village of probably less than two hundred souls. Presentations are made, and soon after sunset, after a warm bath you're sitting at a small round table with Sylas and Bomos and served roasted pork and wine by an old woman, that soon quetly leaves you.

I hope this humble meal pleases you, my guests...

[sblock=ooc] I'm glad to see you're all good guys uninterested in looting... :)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads