• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Founding of a Guild (4e)

Redclaw

First Post
Isdar's disinterest dies immediately. What 'thing' fell? You haven't mentioned that part yet. He was already starting to picture recoving whatever it was and working to understand its significance.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Sylas had another sip of wine, sighed, and continued: I'm sorry, I don't even know what exactly I'm talking about. A few months ago, only three or four weeks before the raids started, a...thing...fell deep in the swamp, in an area where the trees are very thick. I saw it, and some other villagers too... It was like a fire ball coming down on the trees... I spoke to some lizardmen, but they told me when they went to check the area, they found a small crater... but nothing more. I don't really know what it might be, but I have always had a feeling that event is somehow connected to the bandits I asked you to get rid of...

Is_907

First Post
Elias throws Isdar an "I told you so" look and reiterates his interest in the mission. "Not only is it a good cause, it's highly intriguing!"

SarahRequiem

First Post
"I fully agree with you on this one Elias. Whatever that is that feel from the sky, I want to know more about it!" Say Meriadeth, slightly excited at this mystery.

geogator

First Post
Blizzard listens intently to the whole of the idea and watches his compatriots as they dissect the information. He carefully pulls a small pipe from his robes and places in his mouth. The gnarled claws reach to the fire and pick out an ember to light the bowl. "It is my opinion that there is more to be done here than can be accomplished for the guild. Furthermore, it is my understanding that this guild is in need of leadership candidates and utilitarian soldiers to carry out it's services. If we" he gestures to the group," pool our resources and deploy ourselves as a cohesive unit we will be much more valuable to the guild when we offer our services. This includes being able to fetch a high price for our wages as a collective because we are better suited and need less training. It is in our overall best interests to attempt to ascertain the cause of this infestation and deal with it accordingly." The old lizard smiles and returns to puffing his pipe.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Desh frown and clicks his talons against his plate as he considers the blue dragonborn's wise words. "What kind of numbers are we talking about here? Are the raiders organized? Have you managed to gather any intelligence on this goblin shaman? We're all obviously capable but Are you expecting us to go in alone or will any of you villagers be pitching in... I mean, it IS your village after all." he picks up his knife and begins to pick his teeth with it.

"Have you tried negotiating with them?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Before Sylas can answer, Bomos speaks for the first time, booming, his eyes afire: Negotiating? With those beasts? You don't know what you are talking about! There's no way to talk with them...they freed tow owlbears in the village! Before we could even notice they had lready slaughtered my brother, and Sylas' wife and child!! He lost his arm to protect us!! If I was more than a simple blacksmith... ...but Sylas stopped him with a gesture of his hand. Obviously I'd be coming with you. I don't know their exact number. Considering the ones you killed and the ones we had previously dispatched, I'd say no more than ten or twenty. Though... they used owlbears last time, as Bomos said. I don't know what they could make use of in their territory... speaks calmly the elf.

Is_907

First Post
"I say let's strike back and get some justice for these people... tomorrow..."
Elias's eyes droop heavily. Weariness from travel and battle are finally setting in and he is ready to rest but still adamant about his ideal of justice for the people of this town.

Remove ads