• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Founding of a Guild (4e)

garyh

First Post
[sblock=ooc]just to be clear, it's not that i want to limit your actions by saying "you can only enter the area from the path you're on". It's a jungle (well, more like a "jungley" wood with swamps). You could even start burning all the trees if you thought it was a good idea... or go back... or whatever you want. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Okay, then, thinking a bit more creatively... So the path is the only way to get IN to the clearing. Would it be possible to go, say, 40 feet to one side of the path and look into the clearing? If so, I think Oak and Isdar ought to do that, then report back to the group's current location.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] sure. if you make your way through tall undergrowth and trees for about thirty feet you should be able to take a good look in. Plase make climb, stealth and perception checks as you describe your actions. [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=Isdar] You manage to quietly find your way among the tall plants, but as you realize you can't see trough the vegetation, you try to climb on a tree to get a line of sight, but some musk on the trunk makes you slip. You manage to reduce the noise to a minimum, but from your position you cannot see into the clearing [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Oak heads into the underbrush, moving silently and skillfully to a place where it can see into the clearing. Oak then returns to the group and share what it saw.

[sblock=OOC]
Athletics 16, Perception 16, Stealth 20
1d20+8;1d20+7;1d20+7 → [8,8] = (16)
1d20+8;1d20+7;1d20+7 → [9,7] = (16)
1d20+8;1d20+7;1d20+7 → [13,7] = (20)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1686366/[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=Oak]You manage to quietly find a way through the vegetation and climbing on a tree you can get a look at the clearing under you. It's an area surrounded by vegetation, about fifteen feet long, with some swamped terrain, a few tall trees in the middle and a pool of water coming from the side opposite to yours. You also see a creature sniffing the air that you recognize as a spitting drake, a nimble reptile able to produce an acidit spittle, sometimes tamed by intelligent humanoids. View attachment 36013 [/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Oak returns to the others and describes the scene as best it can.

"I didn't see any people," Oak finishes, "so I don't know that there's a need for us to deal with this creature any further. What do all of you think?"

[sblock=OOC]That means go read what Atanatotatos wrote, everyone! ;)[/sblock]

Is_907

First Post
Elias looks contemplatively to Oak, thinking carefully before speaking.
"So you're certain there are no threats to us, or to the village nearby, in that clearing? Perhaps we could check again?"

garyh

First Post
Elias looks contemplatively to Oak, thinking carefully before speaking.
"So you're certain there are no threats to us, or to the village nearby, in that clearing? Perhaps we could check again?"

"I hesitate to say 'certain,' as the creature is dangerous," Oak replies. "But I didn't see anything to lead me to think it was connected to us."

"Unless, I suppose," the warforged adds, "it ate Sylas."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"... you mean Sylas is gone? In your opinion, has he been eaten/compromised or have you simply lost track of him; we're asking for your expert opinion so think about it before answering."

Remove ads