[FR] Heroes of the Vilhon Reach II (updated 3/6!)

Broccli_Head

Explorer
9 Ches , 1373 Year of Rogue Dragons: Force March

"I've been bitten," repeated Grim.

Lightning flashed and it began to rain again. Grim went to the body of the fallen shapechanger and stabbed it a few more times in frustration and then started kicking the corpse for good measure. Benito and Ellysidell looked on wondering what they would do if Grim turned into a werewolf. Meliane caught up with the group.

"One of the abominations is alive," she revealed.

Benito looked behind him and saw Souliss and Khirin standing over the body of one of the lycanthropes, now a naked human. Khirin had his crossbow that fired mini-lightning bolts trained on the prisoner. Souliss had a look of deep concentration. Meliane motioned Grim away from the body of the leader and tore something from his neck. She held up a strange looking fetish...a claw attached to a bloated body.

"People of the Black Blood," she stated icily. "We best find a good defensible position, there may be more Malarites around."

"Malarites!" growled Benito and stalked towards the surviving enemy that the merchants guarded.

"Foul beast," he said, pointing emphatically to the prisoner. "You are now the prisoner of the Holy Justices of Tyr."

He bent over and clamped on the manacles of truth. Picking up the injured man, he half-dragged, half-carried him towards a pile of large rocks that he spied through the rain. The rest of the party followed and Ellysidell took the prisoner from Benito. Grim, in a daze, brought up the rear. Once at the rocks, Benito constructed a crude shelter by shaping the stone, partially encasing his prisoner under the structure for interrogation. He saw the dejected look on Grim's face.

"Is there anything we can do for him?" he asked Meliane.

"There is belladona that we could administer to him, cure spells. None of which I have. It's a curse also." she replied, examining Grim's wounds.

He had another bite mark on his shoulder.

"The rain may help. It can wash away some of the taint from the bite. I'm not going to find any useable herbs in this downpour, though. Hopefully, the Temple of Ilmater in Twilight Hollow will have some stores. Did your priest tell you anything about that place?"

Benito pretended not to hear the question and answered, "Well then, let me make this quick. Khirin, can we make it to the village before nightfall."

The merchant, leaning against the rock and huddling under the shelter to avoid getting rained on as much as possible replied, "I guess. "

Your're no help, thought Benito. Why is everyone looking so glum?

He turned his attention back to the lycanthrope and began the questioning. Are there more of you? No. Where did you come from? Snarl. Who is your leader? Snarl. Apparently, the beast was able to resist the manacles.

"Forget it. I will just question your corpse."

"Let me," petitioned Meliane drawing her crackling scimitar.

Before anyone could object, she cut off the prisoner's head. Questioning the dead head, Benito didn't learn anything new. He pulled the body out, and retrieved his cuffs.

"The curr does not deserve a proper burial," said the druidess with an edge in her voice.

She motioned Ellysidell for help and the pair tossed the body down the slope. The head she threw in another direction.

"Let's go, then."

Without waiting for a response, Benito headed towards the north planning to get to the village of Ilmater this evening no matter how difficlut. Grim needed to be cured. The rest of the party followed, Ellysidell pulled a still morose Grim along while Meliane looked vigilantly at the surrounding landscape expecting another attack. Souliss, followed the woman closely, respecting her heretofore unknown fury, and Khirin brought up the rear, grumbling and thinking of the warm mead and hotcakes from the Black Boar Inn in Iraiebor that he would be missing...and it was getting further away. He glanced back and sighed.

The party trudged onward through the mud. The rain picked up and the sky darkened even more. Visiblity became difficult and no one wanted to shout over the wind, so the journey passed without conversation. Finally, they topped a rise and saw farmland and lights clustered in the distance. The vale of Twilight Hollow with its cultivated fields and orchards lay below them. The Sunset Mountains loomed ever ominously closer.

Somewhere in the rain they heard a horse whinny. No response followed.

"See," said Khirin smugly, "only one horse. Bet there's only one inn, too."

Benito looked back and glared but then, thought better and did not respond. Adjusting his soaked tabard and repositioning his baldric, he strode confidently towards town.

Last edited:

honorwolf II

First Post
Wolf's Howl

This group is definitely funny to read and definitely characters. These guys come alive with all their bickering, worrying, and issues. I miss running with a party like this. It is really a fun read. I cannot wait to hear more of the antics of the "Heroes". They are really heroes in spite of themselves.

honorwolf II

First Post
Khirin's thoughts!

I am worried. My irresponsible kinsmen has to get me involved with this bunch of violent,reckless, and definitely unpolished plebians. I hope that Grim does not become infected with Lycantrhropy. We will all have to run away and guard our heels or else the vicious little were-chihuahua* is going to turn us into werewolves. :D

Who among you true believers out there really think that "Seek the soul of the lost in the hollow of the hills." Really mean to go to Twilight Hollow? C'mon how do we really know his god spoke to him? This is really cryptic, but you do not have to be a mentalist to figure it out. The world is bitter, bitter, bad, evil, merciless place. Give me a pipe and a pint of frosty ale anyday compared to being bitten by a were-chihuahua.

In addition to an overbearing,impulsive, glory-hogging,super zeolot of Tyr that has to resort to punching innocent merchant, with an ohh!!! Signet ring to mark all your little victims, so you can feel mighty and righteous. I thougt Tyr was suppose to help and defend the innocent.

=========================
*chihuahuas are popular in Amn, especially among Amn's idle rich. There are imported from Maztica. Khirin would have seen these during his travels along with his partner Souliss. There are rumored to be used in Maztica to hunt down the large flying roaches in the Maztican temples. :p

Malachai_rose

First Post
see...

Do ya understand now why I slugged him :D hehe, try to shoot my lil buddy will ya. I mean seriously I knew Khirin for all of like 1 day, compared to Grim who is practically family, who would you have slugged ? Hehe, I thought so. Well we play tommorow so make sure to tune in (eventually) when Broc gets caught up and we can see if Benito slugs the anoying merchant again ;) As a sidenote, Tyr is not about protecting namby pamby merchants who question his will but is instead about bringing justice to the opressed and thwarting the plans of the evil and the unjust :p

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Way to go, Malachai Rose. Seeing Benito "lay down some Justice" is one of the things that I've always loved about this Story Hour.

I hadn't realized that there was going to be so much turnover in the PC's. Especially after the divinations revealed that some of the missing party members were still alive.

So, should I assume that Aris' player is the one playing Khirin? He certainly seems to contain a bit of that Genasi arrogance that Aris portrayed so well. ;)

I also really appreciated how just when the party seemed about to devolve into infighting, monsters attack. Great way to illustrate the importance of teamwork. Your posts seem to read like movies, Broc. Then tension between the party members, the leadership role being thrust on Benito, the added tension of the possibility of Lycanthropy, all of it really helps the story come alive.

As someone else posted in your thread, You Da' Veggie.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
answers?

Yes, the player that plays Khirin, played Aris. Genasi arrogance....:D I like that.

Also, the character that plays Souliss also played Variak. I guess this character has a particular penchant for psions. Which helps my campaign out tremendously! Ask yourself...why are all the psions from Raven's Bluff? Who are the Watchers, really and what/who are they watching?

The players who play Alberia and Nosr haven't hooked back up with the party.
====

Hehe...The action gets really good with Benito's party!

Next few threads...When Villagers Attack;Night of Storms; In the Valley of the Tempest; Mummies, Glyphs, and Mechas, Oh My!; No Respite and More Confusion

Then I'll be caught up...We played last night. Gods are so confusing:D

I love being a DM!:p

Malachai_rose

First Post
confusion

Well once again the party finds itself lost and with little direction... The valley where the paladin's souls was said to be held, well... Valleys of evil dedicated to evil God's are like that sometimes I guess ;) It seems as if the party might be starting to finally gell or at least be reahing an area where the newcomers do not chafe the remenants of the heroes quite so much. Also whats up with big Ell, you'd think he never saw an elven woman before :D (half actually but I guess Ell aint that picky, lol) Well as for the latest events they might prove beneficial but that remains to be seen. Anyone hear think that negotiating with demons form the 9 planes of hell for information might be kind of... ungood ? Just curious. Well hopefully Broc gets the next post up soon, all I can say is poor Souliss... and after you read the next post and think, "Wow, poor guy that musta hurt", hehe just wait till the group heads out because for Soulis the hits just keep comin (the next is a life changing kind of hit). Well thanks for reading and feel free to post any thoughts ideas or criticisms you may have :) Broc won't mind he's just cool like that.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Re: confusion

Malachai_rose said:
Well once again the party finds itself lost and with little direction...

That's an understatement!

Malachai-rose is getting ahead of himself, but since they have arrived at Twilight Hollow, they have been stumbling and bumbling. It has been tough--hidden adversaries, ungrateful villagers, distracting quests, and at least one character death.

FYI: I am currently running Tears for Twilight Hollow from Dungeon #90

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: Re: confusion

Broccli_Head said:
It has been tough--hidden adversaries, ungrateful villagers, distracting quests, and at least one character death.

...which is always good! Still reading, so keep up the good work!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Re: Re: confusion

Broccli_Head said:
they have been stumbling and bumbling. It has been tough--hidden adversaries, ungrateful villagers, distracting quests, and at least one character death.

Whoa! For a second there, I thought that I had stumbled back into my own Story Hour thread.

:D

Remove ads