[FR] High Imperceptor of Bane: What happened to Orthodox Banites?

Iron_Chef

First Post
I can't find any reference to the High Imperceptor or Orthodox Banites anywhere in the FRCS, yet they played a big part in previous editions of the setting. I need to know what happened to the High Imperceptor and what is the status of the Banite Orthodox Church in Mulmaster, the Moonsea, and beyond. Thanks!

The leader of the city of Mulmaster (seltharil?) is really not himself. He was killed and replaced by his twin brother, who is a secret ally of Fzoul. I would assume that the original church of Bane has either been suppressed by "Seltharil" and his Zhent allies or that the church has dissolved in light of Fzoul being the true chosen of Bane. Even in the ToT Bane chose to appear in Zhentil Keep, not Mulmaster. On the official timeline of course, this has been 20 years or so.

Renshai

First Post
I can't quite recall who would be the High Imperceptor of Bane. I know Fzoul would be the highest ranking cleric, but I'm not quite sure if he retains that title. I don't think it is listed anywhere though, so feel free to make it whoever you like :)

As far as the church's influence in the Moonsea, I would think it is very prominent. With Selfaril ruling Mulmaster (well, Selfaril's twin that is) and serving Fzoul, the city is pretty much under the church's control.

Remember also that the church has a huge presence in the Lake of Steam, under Teldorn Darkhope. You can find information on this in the FRCS as well as in Cloak and Dagger.

Hope I helped some..
Renshai

Iron_Chef

First Post
Hmm, but what happened to the High Imperceptor of Mulmaster and High Inquisitor Ginali? Somebody's gotta know something... I was just reading Curse of the Azure Bonds module (ack!) but it had a big section on Zhentil Keep and the schism between Fzoul and the Imperceptor, but never resolved anything.

Iron_Chef

First Post
Anybody have any thoughts on what the surving Bane Liches (previous Chosen of Bane) might think of Fzoul (such as wanting to take him out and reclaim their position)? FRCS hints at this.

JeffB

Legend
You should look into the 3E FR Lords of Darkness book...it has a pretty in-depth section on Bane's Church, but I don't recall what, if any info there was on the hiearchy...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Do you have the 2E product Cloak & Dagger? I'm pretty sure that that product is where it mentions that Xvim sent the Tyrantfog to eliminate the last of the Banites. It may have gotten the NPCs in question here. Ironically, it was just after that that Bane came back.

Bragg Battleaxe

First Post
Another possibility is that you are searching in vain for a coherant linear story in the chaotic quagmire that is the Realms. Azure Bonds is around 10 years old... and probably more like 25 years in the campaign. I figured out a long time ago that alot of details in the Realms just got lost in the mess that 2nd ed. made of that setting. I would tend to agree with the second post and say that they were either converted or destroyed.

Remove ads