• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(FR) Langauges of the street

Space monkey

First Post
I'm playing a dam smart rogue from Amn and was wondering if there are any languages that would be street languages. a thieves tongue, criminal underground code language.

Also what about A home language for lurin passed down from parents since I am A stronghart halfling. It does not apear to have a language of it's own or would that just be halfling.

Any thought on this would be greatly helpfull.

Space monkey

First Post
Does anyone else know of Street languages for Forgottin realms.

And is Under common the language of the under dark or is it a street language.

smootrk

First Post
Undercommon is the 'common tongue' of the Underdark.

As for a street language, I would think that it is certainly possible by HR, but that is up to your DM. As a FR DM myself, I would just allow a skill point to be used to learn the Slang version of any language you already know.... like Ebonics and English (I know... not Politically Correct, but illustrates the point).

Space monkey

First Post
I was actualy hoping to find something that would be acceptable as a bonus language since I have +3 int bonus.

I am a halfling rouge from Amn so I thought it might be possible to take a Thieves tongue or a underground criminal language used by a mafia like underground. If this does not egsist just let me know.

smootrk

First Post
For a rogue, one skill point is chump change to effectively get another language, but again you are in Houserule territory and this is all up to your DM.

UltimaGabe

First Post
I don't think there are any, and so it would probably be best to either replace it with another regional language or just some other language not many people have. After all, there's little benefit in saying your character knows a language that nobody else in the campaign setting does, so just pick another language (Undercommon works well, in my opinion, since it's at least a darker and thus less common people would know it) and use that. That way, the DM could use published NPCs and have them interact with you without having to change their languages to accomodate one you made up.

Just my two electrum, anyway.

Remove ads