• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FR, the Spellplague & Tieflings

Tharen the Damned

First Post
It just came to me, how WoC might explain that there are suddenly a lot more Tieflings around than used to be.
The spellplague!
This magic disease might have transformed a lot of the affected into Tieflings.

Szatany

First Post
It's possible but a little one-dimensional don't you think? It's a vast world with a lot going on - there could be somethine else entirely in the works to explain tieflings' demographic burst (if there is any).

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Szatany said:
It's possible but a little one-dimensional don't you think? It's a vast world with a lot going on - there could be somethine else entirely in the works to explain tieflings' demographic burst (if there is any).

Demons on Holiday in Waterdeep (Lower Planes Sex tourism - there are literally endless possible customers)

Devils on a Realms in 7 days tour (advert: Nine stops before Holiday!)

Yugoloths in an exchange programm with the Reddies of Thay?
:)

1) FR already has tieflings as a core race.

2) Just because they're a 4e core race doesn't mean that there's been a drastic shift in FR population demographics viz a vis the tiefling.

Ergo there's no a priori reason to explain anything.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Tharen the Damned said:
It just came to me, how WoC might explain that there are suddenly a lot more Tieflings around than used to be.
The spellplague!
This magic disease might have transformed a lot of the affected into Tieflings.
I think you're on the wrong track. Check out The Orc King teaser chapter. Drizzt mentions the Spellplague, but he also mentions (as if it were a separate event) "the merging of two worlds."

I don't know what the details of that means, but I suspect that some Outer Planes "crash land" into toril during the multiverse shakeup. The reason I say this is because of both the Tieflings becoming core and the Eladrins becoming core. Both are planar races. Now we have an explanation for both.

Remove ads