• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR] What Demon should I throw at my PCs?

iwatt

First Post
Ok, in my Silver Marches Campaign my PCs just overrun an abandoned dwarven oupost that had been the confortable residence of some Tannaruks of the Scourged Legion. As usual they slaughtered every mook, but the leader (a Tannaruk Brb/Sorc/rage mage) escaped from them. So now he get's to tell Khannyr Vhok (sp?), the Legion leader, how he failed :] .

So since my demonology isn't that strong, any ideas on what I can send against them?

The party have elite stats (4d6 drop the lowest 2 times, choose one of the sets): They're a:

CN Cleric 10 of Uthgardt (Human)
CG Barb2/Rogue8 (Human)
CG Sorc8 half-dragon 2 (two levels of half-dragon as depicted in the WOTC savage progressions)

they count at this time with an NPC ally:

a LG Ftr6/Cleric2 Dwarven Defender1 with an Awakened Dire Wolverine cohort (it is the FR :p ).

So any ideas on what I can send?

Sammael

Adventurer
A couple of vrocks (individual CR 9, 2x = EL 11) ought to give them a run for their money. I recommend two, since the cleric can simply dismiss one of them, provided he has the spell memorized. But I doubt he'll have two dismissals handy.

Zappo

Explorer
A Vrock Barbarian 1st/Fighter 2nd, or Fighter 1st/Barbarian 2nd depending on whether you prefer uncanny dodge or an extra feat. Medium armor, optionally a weapon. Quicken spell-like ability (mirror image) as its 12th HD feat. If the cleric has used dismissal in the past against this organization, the vrock may prepare against it by sending a lesser fiend (say, a regular vrock) against the party beforehand. :]

Alternatively, a few classed babaus.

iwatt

First Post
Sammael said:
Babau assassin is a very good combo.

2 Babau Assasin 3..... 2xCR9--->CR 11.

Seems doable: Should they use Death attack to kill or to paralyze? I've found that PCs really dislike been captured :]

iwatt

First Post
the Jester said:
Book of Vile Darkness.

They're fly demons, going all the way back to 1e module S4 and the 1e MM2. They're icky. :) Gotta love icky demons.

This is good stuff. Cause they'll probably take down the babaus, then the pack of Vrocks coming up next, etcc. Then I'll hit them with flies. Demon flies :]

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If you have access use the following books:

Creature Collection Revised (specially Ferals. Sending 2-3 packs of them, will certainly chanllege ANY PC), Creature Collection 3, Tome of Horrors, Tome of Horrors 2, and Book of Fiends.

Trust me, if you want some kick ass demons, THIS is the place too look. Though BoVD isn't too shabby. MM II, MMIII and Fiend Folio are decent as well.

Remove ads