• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR] Where to Place a Hero's Tomb?

Kyrail

First Post
[Craig, Simon, James. I banish thee.]

Ok, here is the deal:

There is a long dead (about 300 years) Elven hero, who is laid to rest in a secluded Tomb. Now, Im going to have his "tomb" be in Cormanthor, which will actually be a small shrine/temple.

In which there will be many door ways marked at the tombs of elven hero's laid to rest. In fact the doors lead to small rooms which only contain a tiny shrine, a portal, which will lead to the actual tomb of said hero, whereever he decided to his actual tomb to be. So really it's more like a hub.

Well as you know alot of the elven Mystals and portals have been acting pretty screwy since the time of troubles, and when the elves left, so the portal to the heros tomb they came to see will actually only be 1 way. Muhaha.

They're level 7, and spent their whole careers so far in the Dales. I'd like to suddenly and unexpectantly change their setting... most likely somewhere more hostile. What would be a good location for 1. A secluded tomb for a dead elf man. and 2. A change from the Dales to more hostile territory?

werk

First Post
Kyrail said:
What would be a good location for 1. A secluded tomb for a dead elf man. and 2. A change from the Dales to more hostile territory?

I have an elven tomb located deep in the dire wood of the high forest. My dire wood and the tomb are pretty hostile. Not very far from the dales.

Easy solution would be to have the tomb (formerly) located beneath hellgate keep :)

BlackMoria

First Post
Simple. The tomb is in the Burial Glen immediately west of Myth Drannor. And the change from Dales to hostile terriority is co-located (Myth Drannor and its surrounding is as about as hostile as you can get)

Alternatively, the tomb could be in the Vale of Many Voices (north of Essembra) which was also used to lay to rest elven heroes.

The hostile area is the area immediately south of Essembra called the Ghost Holds.

Steve Jung

Explorer
The region around Evereska has many tombs. There's even a prestige class in The Player's Guide to Faerûn called Evereskan Tomb Guardian.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads