• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Frank Mentzer, Tim Kask, Jim Ward and Chistopher Clarke form Eldritch Enterprises

JamesM

First Post
I read your article on Tracy Hickman. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, and I'm entitled to disagree with that opinion. The article and the hateful comments various other people posted was enough to tell me that Grognardia is a place that I do not wish to visit.
I have no beef with anyone who disagrees, even strongly, with what I actually wrote; it's the intemperate reactions to things I never wrote that drive me batty.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
I have no beef with anyone who disagrees, even strongly, with what I actually wrote; it's the intemperate reactions to things I never wrote that drive me batty.

Hah! In the Multiverse endless realities are possible. So there is a reality where you actually wrote these lines. Therefore these paraphrasings are correct somewhere.

Thinking about it, there must be a reality with a James M. who plays a Scimitar whielding Drow Ranger.

Last edited:

he's right- PF & SW, fine games they may on their own merit, are def not part of the OSR market. If the EE folks feel otherwise, then I would say they are definitely out of touch.

He's certainly right about that. But he's wrong in suggesting that anybody said they were. "Old school approach" with newer games isn't exactly a novel idea and the concept shouldn't be so incomprehensible to James M. One is instead left with the impression that he's unhappy because they aren't doing what he wants them to do, which is rather peevish.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I'm beginning to think that if something happens in the old school community without an "OH THE DRAMA!" moment, it didn't really happen at all...

B-)

Grimstaff

Explorer
I read your article on Tracy Hickman. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, and I'm entitled to disagree with that opinion. The article and the hateful comments various other people posted was enough to tell me that Grognardia is a place that I do not wish to visit.

You mean this article, where James allegorically suggests that Hickman "saved" D&D for a whole generation of fans? :erm:

JamesM

First Post
Did JamesM make like 5 posts on ENWorld!
Madness!

Truth is I'm not much of a forum-user and never have been. With the exception of Fin's OD&D Discussion, I rarely visit forums, let alone post to them. But I was getting a lot of hits to my blog from this thread and I was curious to see what it was all about, so here I am.

Don't worry: I won't stay. :)

Remove ads