• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FRCG] Sharn - Overpowered?

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
I recently used the Sharn against my 10th level players and it was our most difficult (although very funny and challenging) fight. I swapped the Second Wind for a Teleport 10 that creates a burst 1 of Spellplague fire (10 damage entering or starting the turn there) in the point of origin, used once per encounter.

I just swapped because it looked very grindly as the way it looks (regeneration 20 with tons of hps), and the basic strategy of my players is to immobilize and gang up the solos. Worked very nicely.
Removing second wind from just about any monster, NPCs included, is usually a good call.

Anand

2nd Level DM
Sometime is nice for some BBEG or non-elite important character, specially one with low hps, like controllers. But as a rule of thumb, I agree, Second Wind just create a grinding feeling.

sfedi

First Post
Nice tweaks posted here.

CapnZapp, if I would give a monsters two actions per round, I would drop the +5 to saving throws, it's just too much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads