• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free +6 weapon

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
If the Dm were to give you a free +6 weapon what would you want. I will give you some character examples and if you could pick the weapon for each character I would greatly appreciate it.

Minotaur Barbarian
Gnome Druid
Human Knight of Thay
Human Cleric/Radiant Servant of Pelor
Tielfling Rogue

We are going to be running the City of the Spider Queen so the weapon I made for my cleric is a Longbow +1, Holy, Undead Bane and Exit Wound. I figured this would do a crap load of damage to undead and also wouldn;t hurt killing everything else that is evil down there as well.

TIA

The Souljourner

First Post
What is Exit Wound? This is the second time I've seen it on these boards, and haven't ever seen it in any of my books.

To answer the question:
Minotaur Barbarian -
Flaming Adamantine Great Axe +5 (can power attack the to-hit into +2 to damage)

Gnome Druid -
Weapons? At a level where you get +6 items, the druid isn't going to want weapons. If you absolutely must get a weapon, I guess a keen holy adamantine scimitar +3

Human Knight of Thay -
Either Holy Adamantine Greatsword +4 or Holy Adamantine Longsword +4 (depending on if the character uses a shield or not)

Human Cleric/Radiant Servant of Pelor -
Holy Adamantine Heavy Mace +4 (and cast continual flame on it)

Tielfling Rogue -
Two +4 adamantine shortswords.

Can you tell I like holy and adamantine? :)

-The Souljourner

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Exit Wound is I believe from CW and basically what it does is the ammunition does not stop unless it hits an object. So say I shoot with my bow and I happen to see three people standing in a line it will hit all three of them. The first target has his/her normal AC, the 2nd person has a +4 to his AC and the third person has a +8 top his ac and you only make one attack per shot. So currently I think as a 10th level cleric I have an attack bonus of +14/+9 with my longbow. Now depending on what spells I add to this I will probably be hitting a lot of people at the same time. Since I might have to move alot I am looking to get the Manyshot feat as well to help out when I move to line up my targets.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Does it have to be one +6 weapon, or can it be two +4s, or some other combination that adds up to an equivalent market price?

For instance, the rogue will be at a big disadvantage versus undead, because he can't sneak attack. He might take a +1 light mace of disruption to use on them, and a +1 adamantine keen wounding longsword for use against living creatures. (If he's a TWF user and can wield both at once, so much the better.)

Urbanmech

Explorer
I would suggest adding bane to many of the weapons. Either Undead bane, Elf bane or Evil Outsider bane. Or go nuts and add all 3! Ramping up your enhancement bonus by +2 and adding +2d6 damage is pretty sweet for only the cost of +1. A +3 Holy Undead Bane Longsword will do 1d8+str+5+4d6 to an evil undead (and really how many nonevil undead are you going to meet down there?)

Can you give us any more information about the characters? It would help to know feats and weapon styles they are all aiming at to truly twink out their free weapons.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
The bonus on the Exit Wound is a +2 which is VERY nice, smile. As for the rogue I have no idea what his feats are, just use a basic rogue and yes the weapon can be broken up into dieffernet ones as long as you don't go over the +6 bonus. The Minotaur is currently planning on using a Greataxe +4, Sizing and he has a ring of Enlarge person that he can use 3 times per day. I believe he is able to use this as he is a Monstrous Humanoid and the Enalrge spell just states humanoind person, heopfully this will work for him. Can someone let me know about this as well. I sugessted he make a Greataxe +2, Sizing, Metalline weapon but he wants the additional +2 to hit/dmg. I do know he also have the feat MonkeyGrip so when he is enlarge he will be using a gargantuan Greataxe and doing something along the lines of 6d6+21 points of damage per hit. So the metalline might just be a waste of time as he will easily be able to overcome a dr 20/cold iron, but still he is wasting 20 points of damage.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Urbanmech said:
Can you give us any more information about the characters? It would help to know feats and weapon styles they are all aiming at to truly twink out their free weapons.

Unfortuneatly I just don't know, we only started last week and not everyone was there. I do know the Knight has combat relfelxes, and great cleve and is using a halberd but I have no idea what the Rogue is using. He did not get into combat last time at all, just snuck around and pointed out some bad guys. We also have a Pale Master but I doubt he will be getting into combat so the DM let him buy a free +6 item (equaling 72,000 GP) to buy some metamagic rods. I believe the Druid is using this same route as well, but he might have some +1 stick or something to use his spells on.

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
I would be tempted to go for a +2 Flaming Holy Elf-Bane weapon. Especially if there are elves in the party. Much more RPing fun that way. Flaming and Holy will be effective enough against Undead.

I doubt that a Minotaur is a legal target for Enlarge Person.

Wish

First Post
You don't do damage if you don't hit, so load up on the regular old enhancement bonuses. For the minotaur, something like +5 elf bane adamantine greatsword. The cleric can get a +4 ghost touch undead bane heavy mace (adamantine, ofc). Archers usually seem to have terrific attack roll bonuses, so you can probably let that slide a bit, and get a +1 seeking, shocking, frost, holy bow (although I'm unclear, is this archer the same as the cleric in the list?). The Knight can be your demon slayer with a +3 cold iron holy evil outsider bane weapon. The druid _can_ get a weapon, if he absolutely must. Slap +5 shocking adamantine armor spikes on his animal companion's barding. But if the option for a non-weapon expenditure is there, go for it. Spend 18k on a +1 ghost touch undead bane adamantine scimitar (druids kinda suck vs. undead, especially incorporeals) and dump the rest on useful stuff. The rogue is tougher to figure out, not knowing anything about him, but I'll throw out a +3 knockback adamantine spiked chain. (Knockback is from Magic of Faerun, +3 equivalent, when hit make a DC 19 fort save or be knocked back 10'. If you fail the first save, make a second or be stunned for a round. Stunning is also a good option, from Forged in Magic, if you have access to third party books. If you're limited to the DMG and complete books, a straight up +5 shocking is probably a good choice.)

Remove ads