• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free: A Player's Guide To Terra Ferax

Terra_Ferax_Mark

First Post
On two other boards, I've already been asked to give a little detail, so I'll post it here as well:

Terra Ferax is a d20 campaign world that uses the game within a game metaphor. The difference is, that in on Terra Ferax, it's the deities playing the game using their followers as strategic pieces.

The gods worked together in creating the universe, and most specifically Terra Ferax. The gods play a Cosmic Game trying to win over converts and the alignment that wins the most converts gets Terra Ferax as a prize (it will, in effect become another outer plane for that alignment).

There were four dissenters who opposed the creation of Terra Ferax, and these four have been given concessions (the deities Vubatas, Angiruna, Musclus and Mundis) who are also collectively known as the Quadrinity. They work together and cause unhappiness from uncertainty, monstrosity, aggression and disease to the unfortunate folk of Terra Ferax. These four want to destroy Terra Ferax so that the others do not get more power. Other deities may be evil, but they want their piece of Terra Ferax.

Early in history, the gods came to Terra Ferax and showed their wonders. Now they have left, but use druids to "maintain" the divine playing field (i.e. Terra Ferax) and clerics and other pious members to seek converts (proselytize).
In order to proselytize effectively, most good and many neutral clerics have adopted seven works of mercy.

Included in this text are guidelines for PC behavior (the Seven works of Mercy), details of employing hospitality in your campaign, a little history (probably all the PCs would know), country information (those influencing Map One), what the skies look like, the calendar system and 145 gods that exist in Terra Ferax.

The gods are in Appendix B, the appendix designated for Open Game Content.

With Terra Ferax Innovations, my hope is provide quality products gamers can enjoy, at as reasonable a price as possible, while having the information in an easy to use and understand format (i.e. Appendix A is the Open Game License and Appendix B is the Open Game Content. The Table of Contents helps guide those who print out this document for a hard copy, while users of the electronic version can open the bookmarks section in Acrobat and have key areas ready at the click of a mouse or touch pad).

Terra_Ferax_Mark

First Post
If the main page was loading too slow...

I've tweaked the server and made the main page load faster, I noticed it was slower than normal. Thanks to everyone who visited!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads