• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Free] Artificer's Handbook condensed

der_kluge

Adventurer
As a sort of mental exercise, I created a condensed version of the Artificer's Handbook into a 10 page PDF.

If you're a fan of the existing book, you owe it to pick up this condensed (and cleaned up) version - which covers mostly chapter 2, and select feats. It also has greatly condensed (and simplified) instability rules.

If you're not familiar with the rules of this book, check them out. The Spell Slot Item Creation system is an alternative magic item creation system for 3.5. Plus, it's free.

You can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hmj2zmwundk

Treebore

First Post
Very well done. A very nicely condensed item creation doc. My C&C game has reached high levels (12+) and this will be a great tool for developing customized magic items that they want to make. I just need to change the GP values to reflect my game, but that is no problem, just one line out your values and pencil in mine.

Thanks for sharing, I see this being a "handy" PDF I will be using for years to come.

darthkilmor

First Post
der_kluge said:
As a sort of mental exercise, I created a condensed version of the Artificer's Handbook into a 10 page PDF.

If you're a fan of the existing book, you owe it to pick up this condensed (and cleaned up) version - which covers mostly chapter 2, and select feats. It also has greatly condensed (and simplified) instability rules.

Awesome, this should make it much easier than flipping through all those pages before in your original pdf.

Has anything changed, or should the worksheet from the back of the original still be accurate?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thanks, much appreciated. Actually, this has prompted me to go and pick up the Artificer's Handbook, finally. I've heard good things about it for a while, and now I can see some of the reasons why.

I was going to get the hard copy, but maybe the PDF is a better buy, with copy/paste available, and the errata included.

Cheers. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Thank you, D_K. I'm giving this to a friend of mine who loves artificers and wizards -- I'll see what he thinks of it. :)

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I really appreciate this. I've been dissatisfied with the crafting rules in 3.5 for quite some time. While I'd heard of The Artificer's Handbook, this is my first chance to see the rules for myself. I suspect I'll end up buying the full version. Three questions/comments:

(1) Is the full version available in print, with errata incorporated?

(2) Have you considered offering this to Paizo, for Pathfinder? Since it's OGL, they could use it anyway, I guess, but I very much doubt they would do so without permission.

(3) I think the example in the "Spell Trigger" definition (page 1) is misleading, though technically correct. "A 3rd level cleric can’t cast miracle, but the spell is in their spell list, so they have the ability to spell-trigger an item with the miracle spell." The problem is that this implies, due to this section immediately following the definition of "Spell Completion," that a 3rd level cleric couldn't use miracle from a scroll, which of course isn't true. (It's risky, but it's possible!)

Thanks again. I look forward to finishing reading this, and to using it in my future games.

darthkilmor

First Post
Jeff Wilder said:
(1) Is the full version available in print, with errata incorporated?

I believe Mystic Eye went out of business a year or two ago? When I was looking for AH in print last year I came up empty handed, and just bought the PDF(i think off rpgnow). Hopefully der_kluge gets some $$ from pdf sales.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads