• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free background music for games (revives)

Michikawa

Explorer
A few new tunes:

Red Fields
Long Live the King
Crystal Cavern

Long Live the King is first song with truly pompous and "overkill" feel to it. It was sort of a test - I tried to see how much material I can make Gigastudio output without killing the machine. In the worst parts my processor strain was on 70% so I could still add a few more levels to that soundcanvas :)

Last edited:

Hor Kai Lan

First Post
just wanted to say THANK YOU...

our group recently has begun using music on a more consistent basis... I will add some of these to our growing soundtrack.

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Michikawa, how about the following:

I like playing a piece from the Spartacus ballet by Katchaturian - the one is used as OST in ALIENS. Could you work something close to the theme into a mp3 that can be looped? I discovered that the players somehow know the theme, but can't put their finger on it and are creeped out by it. BUT if I keep on playing my record (yes, vinyl) over and over they either find out or the record will be damaged. Is there any way you can compose something like it? In no way do I ask for copyright infringement in any way or anthing the like.

Dougal.

Michikawa

Explorer
Dougal, sounds interesting, I have to check that one out and see what can I come up with. Meloncov, you don't need to hire me to do anything :) I try to produce new material as fast as I can, so if you have special needs, mention them and I try to create something.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
One, that is never corny...I understand what you are doing. :) Bless you my friend.

Michikawa said:
Hehe, thanks for the kind words, but I'm sort of an idealist regarding the freedom of music. I want music to be free and don't think that I have that kind of right to demand ownership as a composer - I'm just a bridge in between who channels something to this world. Sounds a bit corny, but that's how I see it :) I could accept money from the actual work, but not from the music itself. So no fear, it'll stay free.

Michikawa

Explorer
Thank you :) I just hope I'd have more time in my hands... It seems that sometimes life tends to keep you busy with things which aren't that motivating. And often when you do have time, you don't have inspiration to do the things you'd usually enjoy doing. But that's the way human mind works, I guess. And I'm quite sure things become a bit easier to handle when I manage to finish my studies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads