• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Builder with Blackguard?

Snowdown

First Post
Can anyone point me to a good free character builder that includes blackguard as an option?

I download PCGen, but have no libraries with 4e material.

I don't have an insider sub -- am returning to 4e after a long break and it would make a character infinitely more easy to build.

Thanks.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
An insider sub is the only legal way you're going to get that thing.

There's probably at least a handful of questionably legal ways to get it, but those aren't really conversation ENWorld looks kindly upon, so you're not going to get much useful here.

Consider Insider the "core rulebook" you need. :)

Snowdown

First Post
Thanks. I've got rulebooks -- I'm just recently returned, and there's a lot of new things from last time. Character Themes, Essentials classes, feats, etc that would be MUCH easier to pick from in a builder than digging through a load of rulebooks and new material.

Appreciate the response though!

I can only suggest using a character sheet. I don't think making a PC in 4e by hand is intimidating.

Before a Fourthcore game I went through, I didn't know what the other PCs would be, so I made a PH1 cleric and wizard and Essentials rogue and fighter. Four sheets, no problem.

Breaks

First Post
Thanks. I've got rulebooks -- I'm just recently returned, and there's a lot of new things from last time. Character Themes, Essentials classes, feats, etc that would be MUCH easier to pick from in a builder than digging through a load of rulebooks and new material.

But this kind of reads like, "I have rulebooks, I just don't have all of the new ones and want them for free!"

DDI costs under $10 for a month. It gets you legal, cheap access to every option and power they've released for 4e, and the character builder so you don't have to manually search through them all.

I'll be the first to agree with you that it's not worth paying them $120/year by keeping the subscription indefinitely, but a month to get back into the swing of things is more than reasonable. Plan out your characters, check out all the nifty options, and then deactivate it.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Personally, I greatly preferred the "Off-line" builder--didn't have to wait 5-10 seconds with every decision/click. I would much rather pay $50 for the program and maybe a modest fee for the updates (esp if I can pick&choose which books to have update into the program).
Sadly, that is not the option presented.

Breaks

First Post
Personally, I greatly preferred the "Off-line" builder--didn't have to wait 5-10 seconds with every decision/click. I would much rather pay $50 for the program and maybe a modest fee for the updates (esp if I can pick&choose which books to have update into the program).
Sadly, that is not the option presented.

I was late enough to the dnd party that the CB was online before I joined in. So I have no experience with the offline one.

I'll be the first person to agree that silverlight is terrible technology and was an awful platform choice, but it's still cheap and useful, as well as being the only legal option available for what he's looking for.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads