• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Free Deep Water Tile Sheet 8x10 300 dpi 1in and 1.5 in grid for DnD Pathfinder or RPG

dclunie

First Post
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let ya all know that I put up a 8x10 300 dpi sheet with a 1x1 in grid and 1.5 x 1.5 in grid for use with DnD, Pathfinder, Rpgs, and other games like Heroclix.

Here is one of the images. Just print out and attach to foam core board or just use as is on some card stock. If you want to get really fancy you could coat the page with some resin like "easy cast" from michaels for some depth effects or just use 5 min epoxy and make some wavy like waves.

I'll post up in the new few articles what I do to create my water tiles similar to the dwarven forge tiles.

deep_clear_blue_tile_8x10.jpg

so check out the full article here:

Here is the article with 1in x 1in grid:

d4d6d8d10d12d20: FREE Ocean or Lake Water Tile 8inx10in

Here is the article with the 1.5in x1.5in grid:

d4d6d8d10d12d20: FREE Ocean or Lake Water Tile Sheet 8x10 Heroscape and 1.5in Grid

thanks!

-david
d4d6d8d10d12d20 - My Game Blog

Stormonu

Legend
I'm going to try experimenting with printing to transparency paper and mounting techniques to see what I can come up with...

dclunie

First Post
I'm going to try experimenting with printing to transparency paper and mounting techniques to see what I can come up with...

Transparencies work really well actually. I think the only thing you have to watch out for if using a laser printer is that you make sure you use the transparency setting and make sure you don't print too many in a row else ou'll likely to melt the transparency in your printer. Just be careful is all.

I have another set of "tiles" that are more of a dirty/murky/sewer water that I originally printed out on transparencies with my laser printer and works well for fast changing water effects like a flash flood, sprung water leak, etc. You can vary the % of opaqueness in a graphics app to either get a very dark, but see through if you use it with 100% opaqueness and can vary the amount to make it lighter and lighter to almost a fine tint of blue.

I just finished my 2nd pour of resin on 4 5x5 in tiles, out of 4 total pours for a large "ocean field" to play on which is why i created these sheets. After the "base water" going to make some sandy shoreline with some craft sand, gravel/ballast, and foam core and more resin after everything else is glued down so that the resin flows over "under water parts" and creates a somewhat realistic shoreline. instead of using 5 min epoxy for a wavy action might switch it up and use clear silicone and white silicone bath caulk for white caps.

Remove ads