• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

* Free Dice * for playing in a slot of Universal Horizons during Gen Con or Origins!

Vesve

First Post
Calling all Gamers of FANTASY, FUTURE, & MODERN... Experience Universal Horizons!

We published a universal multi-genre skill based tabletop RPG early this year and are giving away free percentile dice from Chessex just for trying it out. We are also providing raffles for free artwork!

The system uses D% with advancing skills every session. Heroes can travel from any genre with keeping the integrity of the genre. Universal Horizons emphasizes role-playing and problem solving elements with an 'Old School' feel.

The Bloodtooth genre presents an alternate Earth circa 1980s based around conspiracy theories. Magic, occult, and mystical creatures exist, but the public believes the government cover-ups. Heroes fight against the system, thwarting vampires, lycans, zombies, and maybe a yeti or two.

The Araqunidia genre provides a futuristic world with three moons and a white sun. Two races are fighting for control: the indigenous Terrans and the invading Chittin. Currently the bugs are winning. Help to change the fate of this world.

All characters advance each module and can play in multiple events. Have fun, check out some great adventures, advance your Heroes, and get free dice and swag... what is not to love?

like us at Facebook for more information.

Last edited:

SteamCraft

Explorer
Just FYI for anyone that comes across this. UH is attempting to patent part of their game rules. They have filed a process patent for taking a character from one genre and moving it to another. So, any game that does that will be in violation of their patent.

Here is the patent application: [url]http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=20140038722.PGNR.[/URL]

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.bedroomwallpress.com/2014/06/patent-trolling-comes-to-rpgs.html

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Their patent seems like a dumb idea, being that most, if not all of the Palladium books already do that. I never had many Gurps but I imagine that is partially the same.
The Strange is going to have "recursions" which could essentially be the same.
Any game that has a Time Travel element could lay claim to that before them.

To me, their stance seems to be breaking Wheaton's Law, so I wont support them, and will actively steer people away from them.

If they somehow manage to get it, I hope Palladium sues them out of business and the industry altogether

Remove ads