• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Fantasy Architecture (New Stuff! 6/4/03)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
alsih2o said:
knid, if you would like to discuss doing some work for em give me an email please :)

Just thought I'd let you know that Knid may be away from the thread for a little while - he's getting married in the next few weeks, so he's probably a little busy... :)

KnidVermicious

First Post
Actually, I've been away because I tried to start a drawing of R'lyeh and my brain exploded.

But I'm feeling much better now.

Work has been pretty busy and now I have a wedding, a honeymoon, a move, another move, starting grad school, and...POP...oooh there it goes again.

I've got the Mor's End bridges about half done, but I haven't been able to find the time to finish them. Now it looks like I might not be able to do anything until mid-summer. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
Just checked in on the Mor's End progress. It seems I was out of touch for too long and the island is completely different. I think I'll just put that project on hold for a while.

I'll try doing some individual buildings, streetscapes, etc. If anyone has anything in particular I'd be happy to try. I need small scale stuff, though. I don't have the time to do anything major until later in the summer (maybe).

KingCroMag: I think that R'lyeh might be a bit out of my league. I'll try noodling around with a Cthulu building or two, but I can't really approach a whole city. That non-Euclidian geometry is rough on my processor.

So, anyway, I'm still around and can maybe do some minor, single building requests, but I've got a lot of things pulling on my time for the next few weeks.

Conaill

First Post
KnidVermicious said:
Just checked in on the Mor's End progress. It seems I was out of touch for too long and the island is completely different. I think I'll just put that project on hold for a while.
What about the island is getting in your way? I don't think we've changed that much of it, and it's still pretty much in flux anyway. If you have a great illustration, chances are we can make the map fit what you've drawn...

Perhaps if you post a sketch of work-in-progress?

KnidVermicious

First Post
Well, when I started there were no pictures of the island. I only knew about the two bridges. Now its bigger, there are more bridges and the city is more defined. This is good. I would rather work from a more complete idea. I'd be happy to start over when things are more solid and I have more time. I wouldn't be getting this version done for several weeks anyway.

I like the way the maps are turning out, and if I get really ambitious I might try to do the whole city. That would take some time, though. I figured that with my time limitations now, it might be better to work on some smaller projects.

Here is a rough of what I have so far. It was only about 40% done in my estimation. To change it to what is planned for Mor's End I would basically have to start over anyway.

Attachments

• moresendbridge.jpg
    moresendbridge.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
Conaill: I can still use all the pieces from the drawing. I can just rearrange them to the way the maps look. The bridges are just rough outlines. I had intended to 'fancy' them up quite a bit. Don't worry, I never throw any of these things out, and I can always come back to them.

Here's a quick one. It's not a whole city, but it still turned out fairly nice. I used 3DStudio VIZ to create most of the shapes in this one.

Madness From the Depths in black and white
EDIT: That's an Iowa class battleship near the base, if anybody cares.

Attachments

• ctulu2bnw.jpg
    ctulu2bnw.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

KingCroMag

First Post
I really like this one. About the R'lyeh project even a single building would be great. ) your latest pic could easily be a tower of the fair city coming out of the ocean.
Thanks for looking at my request
_KCM:)

Remove ads