Dragonlance Free Monstrous Compendium Volume II Includes Dragon Highlord Verminaard

Over on D&D Beyond you can grab a copy of Dragonlance Creatures, the second digital official Monstrous Compendium volume. This volume includes entries from the original Dragonlance Chronicles storyline of the 1980s, such as Dragon Highlord Verminaard (at CR 17!) and his dragon, Ember, along with the Forest Master (the unicorn from Darken Wood) and others...

Over on D&D Beyond you can grab a copy of Dragonlance Creatures, the second digital official Monstrous Compendium volume. This volume includes entries from the original Dragonlance Chronicles storyline of the 1980s, such as Dragon Highlord Verminaard (at CR 17!) and his dragon, Ember, along with the Forest Master (the unicorn from Darken Wood) and others.

WotC did the same with Spelljammer, with Volume 1 of the Monstrous Compendium.

FF7C01F1-2434-4126-9532-7D054285ABCA.jpeg

ECF24A65-C14D-4AEF-853E-1771E96F703B.png

Steel_Wind

Legend
Why, at that level the PCs would be way to strong for Verminaard
Have you looked at the new Verminaard -- when paired with Ember?

He's immune to fire. Which means Ember is going to breathe fire all around Verminaard in combat, doing 16d6, while Vermi is immune and kicking your ass, blinding you, etc..

Together, they are a daunting pair of combatants, far beyond the party in DL1-4.

pukunui

Legend
Seems they may care more about controlling their content than making it easy to use. It is what it is.
yes and no , it's not like I cannot find PDFs at all, I just cannot find official ones ;)

I am not convinced them selling PDFs would actually make much difference to how much stuff gets copied. Pretty much anyone else does already sell them (Paizo, Kobold Press, ...).
Whatever the reality, the point is: WotC feels they got badly burned by the piracy of their legit 4e pdfs and there’s nothing anyone can say or do to change their minds.

Have you looked at the new Verminaard -- when paired with Ember?

He's immune to fire. Which means Ember is going to breathe fire all around Verminaard in combat, doing 16d6, while Vermi is immune and kicking your ass, blinding you, etc..

Together, they are a daunting pair of combatants, far beyond the party in DL1-4.
If we're going by DL1 or DoAT, Ember is likely dead, or at best badly wounded and still in combat with Flamestrike at this point. And Verminaard hurt from that attack and subsequent fall.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Whatever the reality, the point is: WotC feels they got badly burned by the piracy of their legit 4e pdfs and there’s nothing anyone can say or do to change their minds.
Yup. I'm sure they also  feel that their clout in the industry allows them to get away with having a different policy than virtually every other game designer.

fjw70

Adventurer
Since this is DL related thread, can anyone tell when I should get my physical book & board game if I got the bundle?
I would have thought to hear something about my bundle by now. A shipping notification or something. It didn’t help I stopped at the local, game store and saw it sitting on the self there.

dave2008

Legend
I would have thought to hear something about my bundle by now. A shipping notification or something. It didn’t help I stopped at the local, game store and saw it sitting on the self there.
I'm in no rush really, but it has been so long since I got a physical book I am a bit excited!

Steel_Wind

Legend
If we're going by DL1 or DoAT, Ember is likely dead, or at best badly wounded and still in combat with Flamestrike at this point. And Verminaard hurt from that attack and subsequent fall.
Those events happened in the novel; it does not occur in the module.

The problem with DragonLance in two sentences!

Remove ads

Remove ads