Free Ritual Casting

spayne

First Post
There are Vistani feats that remove the cost from rituals, so a daily power that does this would not be unbalanced.

Bard rituals are ones with a Bard Prerequisite. Look at the Vistani Jongleur feat. Why would it specify that you gain access to bard rituals if all rituals are bard rituals?

BobTheNob

First Post
I ended up converting ritual costs to healing surges. Basically we look at the associated skill and, regardless of whether a roll is normally required, player has to make a roll, with the difficulty based on the level of the ritual. If they get it, no problem, it not...the ritual still works, but they pay a healing surge.

It means there is a cost (and therefore the game does not become "get every ritual in the book and no challenge remains") but is not that "dollar" cost I grew to hate so much.

I find healing surges a much better thing. I am very stringent with where extended rests can be taken, so healing surges are a vital resource players have to consider carefully. They are really forced to weigh up risk vs reward

Remove ads