• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free RPG Day Dark Sun Adventure

Wik

First Post
I got my Dark Sun module bright and early. It persuaded me to visit my FLGS and ... wow, I'm seriously, seriously impressed. I need to go back there more often. They had Thousand Thrones for WFRP2 for $25... It's hard to resist its clarion call. :)

-O

Ha, I know what you mean. Mine has been selling the old school 1e TSR adventures for six dollars each. I *really* hope they have the Dark Sun adventure in stock by the time I get there....

Kez Darksun

Explorer
Well, I was looking forward to getting the Dark Sun adventure from Free RPG Day, but the closest gaming store thats participating in it decided that Free RPG Day really meant Free RPG Day for those that spend $15 for their store discount card. And thats something I refuse to do just to get gaming material that is supposedly free.

Dire Bare

Legend
I got my Dark Sun module bright and early. It persuaded me to visit my FLGS and ... wow, I'm seriously, seriously impressed. I need to go back there more often. They had Thousand Thrones for WFRP2 for $25... It's hard to resist its clarion call. :)

-O

And Free RPG Day has served its purpose well in your FLGS! :)

Dire Bare

Legend
Well, I was looking forward to getting the Dark Sun adventure from Free RPG Day, but the closest gaming store thats participating in it decided that Free RPG Day really meant Free RPG Day for those that spend $15 for their store discount card. And thats something I refuse to do just to get gaming material that is supposedly free.

Sorry your FLGS kinda missed the whole point of Free RPG Day! :(

Kez Darksun

Explorer
Sorry your FLGS kinda missed the whole point of Free RPG Day! :(

Yeah, I wasn't pleased at all. It just sucks because thats the only gaming store around me that is participating. As much as I want the Dark Sun adventure, I just don't feel like driving over an hour to the next nearest gaming store that is participating in Free RPG day.

Vael

Legend
I had quite a drive to get to a store, but it was so worth it for the gorgeous poster map with the Darksun adventure. A huge arena on one side, a Desert market and a gladiator barracks on the other.

Obryn

Hero
And Free RPG Day has served its purpose well in your FLGS! :)
Bingo!

Last time I was there was for the 4e release Game Day. I ran an adventure, and got a ton of minis for my trouble. :)

The store has moved since then, it's about 3x bigger, and they have a seriously vast inventory. Impressively vast. I had no idea gaming in Bloomington/Normal was big enough to sustain a shop of that size!

-O

Crothian

First Post
My local store had nothing left by the time I was able to get there. It's a pity, I was ready to buy a lot of stuff to show support if I could have gotten something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads