• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free RPG Day is Saturday!

beverson

First Post
I stopped by Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie NY a little later in the day -around 4:30pm. They still had a big stack of the Eberron mod, as well as a few copies of the Bonus Bestiary. I grabbed those (could have grabbed five of each, for all they cared - everything was just sitting on a table)

This annoys me - last year when I tried to get one of the freebies, I was told that you had to participate in an event, otherwise no way.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Much to my surpise, I just realized I haven't heard (read?) a peep about this. Has anybody been discussing it? Does anyone realize it's happening?

If not, here's the scoop:

This Saturday (20 June) is Free RPG Day. If you're unfamiliar with the concept, it's a bit like Free Comic Book Day: You drop in at your local shop, and they give you some free RPG stuff. And no old, throw-away junk from the back room, either, but new items of real value, provided by the manufacturers specifically for this global event.

The lineup of stuff retailers will have this year includes adventures, rules, and/or accessories from about a dozen publishers, including WotC (an Eberron adventure with a Dungeon Tile!), FFG (a Rogue Trader adventure--how cool is that?), Paizo, Mongoose, White Wolf (preview of Geist!), Goodman Games, and more.

Clever shops will do something interesting, and have demos or game sessions ongoing to celebrate the event, but that's not a requirement.

If you haven't planned to drop by your FLGS on Saturday, you should!

I got most of the stuff except the goodman game and the WotC adventure.

Tewligan

First Post
I went to Guardian Games out here in PDX, and it was a damn good time. They had a big turnout, and I sat in on a game of Rogue Trader, which I had been curious about. The game was fun and I really like the system and setting - I think it's finally motivated me to plunk down the $60 bucks next week for Dark Heresy (same system, same setting, different focus). And yeah, I know I can get the game a lot cheaper on Amazon, before anyone mentions it - I'm willing to pay the full price to support my FLGS for hosting events like this!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I wasn't feeling well last week, so I spent most of Free RPG Day lying down. Damn chronic pain! :rant:

Thus, I only have the free PDF of Piazo's Bonus Bestiary.

Ah well, spilt milk and all that...

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I got a few books from Albany New York thanks to AO. He was kind enough to get me the Paranoia book, the Pathfinder monsters, and the Eberron adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads