• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free RPG Day

darjr

I crit!
Free RPG Day 2010

Are you going? Running something? I need to talk my FLGS into it and let him know I'll read up on the games in the list, even play test sessions of stuff I have never played in order to be ready for the day itself.

Woot! I can't wait, my bet is that I'll get a ton of Dark Sun in on that day.

Glyfair

Explorer
I have always organized the event for the smaller of the two local stores. I will probably do so this year, although I admit that my enthusiasm is on the low side right now.

Crothian

First Post
The place closets to me the last couple of years has really not embraced this though they particpate. Last year the clerk complained the whole time I was there that people were in his store for the free items but of course made sure he grabbed multiple ones of everything (ignoring their limit for customers) for himself and his friends so they didn't have to make the trip over there.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Yeah, last year, the employees of one participating store here in the Springs raided the box for all of the really neat stuff (e.g., Q-Workshop dice, Chessex dice, etc). Seemed that they misunderstood the whole point of the promotion.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Typical: according to the website, not one of the Game Stores in the Indianapolis area are participating. The last couple of years I stopped in and was met with blank stares from the employees when I asked what they were doing for Free RPG Day.

Remathilis

Legend
My Not-So-L Game Store which does this last year limited 1 item per day. Last year I grabbed the Eberron module & DT, which I regret not getting the Bonus Bestiary...

Now I have to choose between the Paizo module and the C&C Quickstart. Probably Paizo, grab C&C afterward (if its left).

N0Man

First Post
The Main RPG store in my area always charges to attend all the various promo events (such as Game Day, Encounters, etc)...

So I expect there to be a charge for Free RPG Day. :p

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Typical: according to the website, not one of the Game Stores in the Indianapolis area are participating. The last couple of years I stopped in and was met with blank stares from the employees when I asked what they were doing for Free RPG Day.
I think it may be the website, too.

I haven't heard if my FLGS store is doing anything for it, but I've volunteered to GM if they need it. Chances are they won't want to interfere with their Magic events, though.

My FLGS has gotten lighter and lighter on the RPGs and more into the cards as the years have gone by.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Well crud, I just checked and only one store in my entire state is participating in Free RPG Day, and it's several hours away.

Crunk. :rant:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads