• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FREE Thrilling Tales Omnibus!

GMSkarka

Explorer
[imagel]http://adamant.rpgnow.com/images/92/20877.jpg[/imagel]
As part of Adamant Entertainment's Anniversary and Thanksgiving Give-Away, and in conjuction with RPGNow and DrivethruRPG's Free RPG Week, the THRILLING TALES Omnibus Edition will be available for FREE on Tuesday, November 13th (after 10:00 EST).

A collected version of the core rules needed to run pulp-era campaigns using the d20 Modern rules system, compiling the THRILLING TALES rules material released over the past two years, plus new material, the rulebook features:

* A guide to the pulp genre.

* A timeline of the 1930s.

* New pulp skills & feats.

* 18 pulp archetype Advanced Classes

* Pulp-era weapons & vehicles

* Special rules governing pulp genre elements.

* A guide to pulp villains, including cults, the Nazis and the Thugee.

* A Random Adventure Generator.

IN ADDITION: Starting today and for the rest of November, Adamant is offering the print edition of the Omnibus at Wholesale -- 40% OFF! Regularly $34.95, you can order the book for what retailers pay: $20.97 (plus 7.95 S&H). This offer is exclusively available via the "Buy it Now" button on the Adamant Entertainment sale page.

And don't forget that the first 13 adventures in the THRILLING TALES line are now available as a specially-priced bundle, also as part of our Anniversary! Here's your opportunity to get everything you need to run a pulp-era d20 campaign!

GMSkarka

Explorer
The free give-away is over, but we're still offering the print version of the Omnibus for 40% Off the regular price, for the rest of the month of November. Take advantage of the discount while you can!

Plus -- anyone who downloaded the free version can email me a copy of their confirmation email, and I'll send you a special coupon for a discount on one of our THRILLING TALES adventures, to get you started on a campaign!

Bretbo

First Post
GMSkarka said:
As you've probably already discovered, it's AM. The sale is now live.

Yep, already downloaded it. Reading through it now and have to say I'm kick'n myself for not getting it sooner; it's quite good!

GMSkarka

Explorer
djdurant said:
Downloaded! Very, very cool. What do you suggest for next purchases in the line?

Given the content of the Omnibus (and, more importantly, the things that aren't in it....), I'd recommend an adventure or several. :)

There have also been some Advanced Classes that have been released since the Omnibus as well, and another Pulp Villains book (Perils of the Orient), with more material coming out all the time.

The page showing the entire line can be found by clicking this link.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Which adventure would you recommend to kick off a campaign? I'm thinking of running this for my wife so she would play one PC with a couple of NPC sidekicks.

Cheers

Richard

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
There are different "flavors" of pulp, so which adventure you chose depends on the genre of pulp you want to run, as well as the starting level for PCs at the begining of the campaign. I find that starting Thrilling Tales PCs at higher levels allows you to jump right into the action from the get go because they can have access to Advanced Classes right away. I ran The Mummy's Revenge using the supernatural Tale of Suspense option for for PCs that started play at level 5 (so they could have some AdC levels at startup). It seemed to work well at the level for maximum fun and PC success, but in retrospect I think I might try running it at starting level 4 if I ever run it with the supernatural option again to give the PCs a bit more of a challenge.

If you don't want to use the supernatural option, this adventure also has a Tale of Mystery option for running the adventure as well.

Remove ads