Freeform Adventures (again)

J

Jaya Ballard Balla'th

Even Friday's tough. 3-7 most days.
I really hate my job sometimes... :sad:

Nugan

First Post
I'm definately interested. I'll try to make it to them (if they happen).

My problem isn't so much finding a good time as remembering to attend.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

I'd be up for something like this. It sounds like fun.

Before 6 pm EST is a bit tricky, since that's usually when I first get online, but I might be able to switch my sleep schedule around for something like this, meaning wake up during 'normal' hours. But I could likely manage it if it's only once every two weekends :) ( Gotta like pulling all nighters during the daylight hours :p ).

W

WizO_Bailey

Oooh, lots of replies! :D :D

GMT is 5 hours ahead of EST, yeah. So 6 EST is 11 pm GMT, midnight CET (my time).

What my plan is for this is not to have an ongoing campaign like, but rather mini-adventures. Something that can be done in one day, hopefully in the space of a few hours. The later we start, the sooner I will want to finish (due to it going into my early morning). The eariler we start, the less I care how soon we finish. (But I think I'll aim for two hours per adventure).

The adventures would have no connection to another, so if you play one session, you wouldn't have to play the next. In fact I think I'll encourage you only play one session a month (since there will only be two), just to give a chance for others to play. I think there will only be 5 people allowed to play per session so I can keep sanity while DMing.

As for the day... I don't want to settle on a specific day of the week for sure, just because I have my IRL D&D sessions in the weekend, and we always plan for the next session when we finish up a current one. So the planning will go around a lot of different things, and FFA session dates may not be announced until the week of, just depending on how my D&D schedule plays around things, although I don't forsee it being that dis-functional. I hope not. Which is why I'd like to keep Friday Saturday and Sunday as open options for the game dates, just so it can be hopped around if need be.

For anyone who remembers, this is going to be a lot less structured than the last FFA idea, which is half of the reason it had to get canceled, because there weren't enough people showing interest where the game could be run properly. This way, if only three people show up, oh well, we'll run the adventure with those three. No tournament of champions, no winners of a session. Just basically a get together for some RP.

Thoughts and comments? :) It looks like there's enough interest, so I think I'll go ahead and start making some plans. We may be able to start this month, the third weekend (18, 19, 20), but we'll have to see how much I can get planned and how the weekend suggestion I put up takes with people.

F

Felicity_Rauston

WizO_Bailey said:

The adventures would have no connection to another, so if you play one session, you wouldn't have to play the next.

Really? Excellent. In that case, I'll go for one. :)

Before 6pm EST is good for me. Not Saturday mornings, though.

Ria.

R

Rhane Arturant

Well, I'm also interested.
Right now I'm on EST and I don't think that those times would be a problem. Usually I'm on GMT if the games would continue to the end of summer and onwards and in that case, the times shouldn't be too bad to work with. Except that Sundays may be a bit of a problem when I'm on GMT.. school and all... But yeah, I'm flexible..

W

WizO_Bailey

I need to decide on a collective time for the games. If I said, say, 3 pm EST on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, would that generate bad or good for you?

W

WizO_Reesa

WizO_Bailey said:
I need to decide on a collective time for the games. If I said, say, 3 pm EST on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, would that generate bad or good for you?

It would generate good feelings for me Bailey, provided that it is not Friday since at 3pm eastern I'll be at work. Saturday or Sunday work well for me, provided that the session is over by 6pm eastern so I can do my shift. That only gives you 3 hours to do it. :( Earlier on Saturday or Sunday would be good - say 1pm eastern, which will allow 4 hours for me to game before my shift. :)

oO(I'm not too demanding, am I?)

I'm looking forward to this Bailey! :)

~ Reesa

M

Malendor...

Hey I'm still interested also. I entered the last one and was pretty diappointed when it was cancled.I can do Sundays anytime, Saterday's before 2:30pm EST and Friday's before 2:30pm EST. But if each adventure is not conected that means we don't have to play every single one right?:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Please Please Please tell me thats true! That way I can still play and do my work stuff too! I can't wait for it to start :bounce:

Remove ads